What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

****** Closed ******

Thanks to all who participated!! :hail:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A package containing the following species will be mailed this Saturday to someone:

- U. livida
- U. graminifolia
- U. nephrophylla (very vigorous clone)
- U. bisquamata 'Betty's Bay' (confirmed by flower - from BCP)
- U. bisquamata 'Betty's Bay' (not confirmed by flower - origin unknown)
- U. warburgii, Zhejiang, SE China (from BCP)
- U. pubescens - Serra Caraca, Minas Gerais, Brazil (from BCP)
- U. blanchetii - white flower, Chapada do Diamantina, Minas Gerais, Brazil
- U. sandersonii "blue"
- U. tricolor
- U. welwitschii (from BCP)
- U. uniflora
- U. humboldtii
- U. nelumbifolia
- U. reniformis "small form" (contaminated with another utric - easy to propagate from a leaf)

Person selected will receive a portion of the above species, some of which will be overgrown with moss (but there should be plenty of material with which to start a new pot).

- Postage is expected to be $8-12. The actual amount will be Paypal-ed to me on or before receipt of package.
- USA only
- Notice that this is not 1st come, 1st served - although I do need info by Fri evening (for Sat AM shipping)
- Pics of flowers from most of these are in my growlist.
- I expect to see giveaways (for postage) here on Terra (I am getting concerned because I've done lots of giveaways and rarely do I see the recipients doing any giveaways with the plants they received - this is a requirement of this posting. If you do not plan to giveaway pieces of these plants on Terra within 0-6 months - do not participate).
++++++++++++++++++
If interested, please send me an email (not PM) to:

Emailaddressasimage.jpg

With your name, forum name & address. Also give me some clue why you should be selected.

Last edited:
Aaaaa i want!

Ok, now that the momentary burst of emotions has subsided, and control has been regained: I would love to participate in this giveaway! And an email has been dispatched :)

Last edited:
I received some of Ron's utrics as part of his last giveaway. Just had to say they are truly great looking. Have the main part growing in a small pot and have been trying to propagate and grow out some in a slightly bigger container for giveaway in the future :) They were U. Alpina hybrids.

Good luck to those who go for this great offer. :bigthumpup:

It's tempting, but I'll take a pass, I'll contact you if you do something like this again in the future. My other reason is that I'm tight on fundage right now.

I dont have any Utrics yet... I'll add my name to the hat. :)

Way to go RL! Love the pay it forward. I will be out of town next week. If I was going to be in town I would definitely put my name in the hat! Nursing school did a number on my utric collection and I lost them. I'm glad to see another pay it forward guy. That is the TF I remember.

I can't believe that only me and Brie participated (atleast thats what it looks like). This is such an awesome opportunity, or was since it is already after AM.

That's because he asked to be e-mailed if interested, not to post here that you are... Do there could very well be more people.

Yes there more than likely were way more.

So who is the lucky winner :) ?

Hmm, was that added after I replied? I coulda sworn the email thingie wasnt there when I replied to the thread.. Oh well, such is life. I prolly just missed it.

That's a huge chunk of Utricularia!

I would have tried to give away some of the nelumbifolia you gave me before but unfortunately I'm not having wild success with it. :(

I hope it can pick up soon.

Hmm, was that added after I replied? I coulda sworn the email thingie wasnt there when I replied to the thread.. Oh well, such is life. I prolly just missed it.

Brie it was there. It makes sense because the PM gets filled too quickly.

When I saw the thread I thought it was first come-first served.. so fired the email away and only then read the rest was too excited hehe.

Brie it was there. It makes sense because the PM gets filled too quickly.

When I saw the thread I thought it was first come-first served.. so fired the email away and only then read the rest was too excited hehe.

Yeah I was prolly just to excited. I went ZOMG! *reply* lol. So yeah my bad.

I can't believe that only me and Brie participated (atleast thats what it looks like).
Oh no. :-))

This is such an awesome opportunity, or was since it is already after AM.
Thanks! The CP community has been very good to me & I try to give back whenever I can...

That's because he asked to be e-mailed if interested, not to post here that you are... Do there could very well be more people.
Yup - that's it. In addition, this offer was also posted in other locations...

So who is the lucky winner :) ?
The packages were mailed Saturday AM via USPS Priority mail and should arrive on Monday or Tuesday.** Given the number of people requesting plants, I relented and divided the larger, more robust pots into two pieces and shipped to two different people. The recipients have been emailed with the plants they should be receiving. If you haven't received an email - sorry.

** We were going out for the day and mailed the packages on our way out of town. We didn't get back until later last night so the emails didn't go out until today - my apologies for the suspense.

Hmm, was that added after I replied? I coulda sworn the email thingie wasnt there when I replied to the thread..
The email part was there from the start. Whenever I do a giveaway or trade offer, I typically use the graphic of my email address (helps reduce spammers). I know it's very frustrating for people to try and send a PM - only to find out that the PM box is full.

Oh well, such is life. I prolly just missed it.
.... along with many others ... :-D (not just the email part). The majority of people who responded didn't do a good job of reading my instructions and (sadly) made the selection process easier (although it was still very difficult to choose).

One guy sent a long rationale for why he should be chosen and then closed by saying that he would send his mailing address if I selected him. I've played that game before and Friday night when the package is ready to send - guess what? That guy is probably out on a date (or asleep) and I have a box full of plants with no mailing address ... never again... (what does he think I'm a cheesy marketing company who wants to steal his home address so I can spam him forever?) :crazy:

Each time I do one of these, I'm impressed by how many people either ignore my requests or decide to make their own. ??? However, there are always those who do manage to follow the instructions and make it tough to select who gets the plants. I've also cyber-met a lot of great people and created some long-lasting friendships through these offers. .... and you never know who is going to respond. This offer produced a request from a very prominent, big-city botanical garden (who shall remain anonymous). :0o: (& no - they were not one of the two selected - but might get divisions in the future) ???

The packages were mailed Saturday AM via USPS Priority mail and should arrive on Monday or Tuesday.** Given the number of people requesting plants, I relented and divided the larger, more robust pots into two pieces and shipped to two different people. The recipients have been emailed with the plants they should be receiving. If you haven't received an email - sorry.

** We were going out for the day and mailed the packages on our way out of town. We didn't get back until later last night so the emails didn't go out until today - my apologies for the suspense.

Hey guys,

As soon as these recover and multiply await giveaways. I received email today in the morning :) and am happy beyond belief hehhe. Thank you Ron for this awesome giveaway!

Grats Gill and thank you Ron for your kindness.

Back