What's new

2021 NASC Benefit Auction!

Review the rules in the 2021 NASC Benefit Auction forum. Listing and bidding for the NASC auction begins in
2021 NASC auction is LIVE! List items and bid now, thanks for your support!

Wanted: X-tra/spare Sarracenia seed

I can send SASE. I have some Drosophyllum seed for trade. Possibly some different Drosera seed. &/or lots of different Pings or Ping pullings.
PM me.
cheers
--mark

I will have:

S. oreophylla 'sand mountain' x "alabama"
S. leucophylla cross pollinated
S. rubra sp. rubra cross pollinated
S. minor cross pollinated
S. flava ornata x rubricopora and/or x rugelii (basically just s. flava)
S. flava x ?...open pollinated.

As others have said: They're not quite ready!

The ICPS seedbank still has a reasonable selection and I expect it to have significantly more within the next month or two (i was planning to chop my flower stalks this spring but noticed that the SB could use some seed ...). In addition to some very colorful S. flava forms, there should also be some S. psittacina, S. purpurea (several ssp including montana), S. minor & S. leucophylla.

As a side note: the plants grown from this seed are for the San Francisco Botanical Gardens Nursery. I will be growing them up(under lights for the first year+) then bringing them to the SFBG nursery to grow & sell at the sales & plant store--all proceeds of which go to the SFBG.
So I am happy to do some personal trades for the seed but any donations are also greatly appreciated!