What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warning!  N. spp 'Viking' auction on e-bay.

Hi Boards,
I'm not sure if my topic matches the board . But after a long consideration , I believed this 'web fraud' had effected some Board's members , so I decided to post. Or otherwise, please delete this warning.
Yesterday I got mail from "Jessie" (alias) , quoted " Hello. I won and have paid for this item on the 28th February and have not heard from you or received the item despite sending you many emails . I would like to know what date you are sending the plants. Thank You , Jessie (ebay name "s") "
These type of mails are always sent to Neofarm , misunderstood that narongpoln@gmail.com , the offer were me ,Nong Thailand. I need to inform the board that narongpoln@gmail.com is not my e-mail address. This guy copied pictures and articles from my website , and also made auction of N. spp. 'Viking' ,using my Viking picture without permission. Now I'm filing a lawsuit against him.
So please think twice before bidding. The winner is the looser. Nepenthes needs CITES. Neofarm has never offered Viking on e-bay.
I would like to explain more but my poor English prevents me from explaining in depth . Let me quote mail from one of my generous customers.
- Hi Nong,
Ok. Thanks. I will bid on the ebay viking and pay you (in baht) when I'm there. I will send you one email through ebay when I have won to confirm.

Will call you when I reach Bangkok or when I know my schedule.

Thanks,
J
- Dear J
I've visited ebay and found that guy is cheating people. He copied my pic and all information.He may send mirabilis substitute for the plant in pic. How can I stop him , please ?
Regards,
Nong

- Hi Nong,
I deeply regret to hear that. You must take action immediately. Write to the person (you can join ebay and use the 'contact member' feature) or in some other way and threaten him that you will write to ebay and take legal action as the information you have on your website is legally copyrighted.

Also maybe post on some carnivorous plant forums ( e.g. terraforums.com and http://www.pitcherplants.proboards34.com/ ) and ask for suggestions. They will have good knowledge of things like these.

I have emailed the people that bought from him telling them it is may not be the true viking (and asking them to describe). I was quite surprised to find that the N. vikings were too cheap too believe!

Sorry to hear that,
J
- Oh yes I forgot, also tell the guy to remove the items immediately or else.

- Dear J
Thank for your kind soul. I mailed to him but no reply.After reading what appeared in ebay carefully , I wonder why he didn't show the pic of his own plant. He also put his logo on the pic as if it's his.And he said nothing about CITES and Phytosanitary ,does it mean he will send plants without paper ? What will happen if the plants were hold by Authorities? Can the buyer ask for refund ? And he will ship a package of 5 M size Viking worldwide by EMS. for 20 US$ shipping cost , but the official cost for first 500 Grams. from Thailand to England is 30 US$.
I posted on ebay discussion board last night but can't find the posted topic this morning.
My health may not allow me to file a lawsuit against him. I'm so tired.
Thank for your help.Waiting for your schedule.
Regards,
Nong
Dear J
Thank for your kind soul. I mailed to him but no reply.After reading what appeared in ebay carefully , I wonder why he didn't show the pic of his own plant. He also put his logo on the pic as if it's his.And he said nothing about CITES and Phytosanitary ,does it mean he will send plants without paper ? What will happen if the plants were hold by Authorities? Can the buyer ask for refund ? And he will ship a package of 5 M size Viking worldwide by EMS. for 20 US$ shipping cost , but the official cost for first 500 Grams. from Thailand to England is 30 US$.
I posted on ebay discussion board last night but can't find the posted topic this morning.
Regards,
Nong

Hi Nong,
Its no problem, really. I hate it when people take other's information without asking/try to trick people into buying something fake.

I have warned his buyers and any other people by posting on terraforums and the pitcherplant forum. Also asking for suggestions. I have emailed him and am waiting for a reply. At least to try to get him to post pictures of HIS OWN plant. I have tracked down the guy responsible: http://www.baandokmai.com/ - his address is on the webpage.

J
That's what happen to Viking's enthusiast and me
Regards,
Nong Thailand

Very sorry to tell you that narongpoln@gmail.com is not my e-mail address. The address belongs to Mr. Narongphol Nilkamhaeng at http://www.baandokmai.com/. He copied pictures and articles from my website , and also made auction of N. spp. 'Viking' ,using my

Viking picture to fraud people. If you visit his website , you will see this statement

"International Orders
We Deliver Flowers, World Wide Throught Our Worlds Best Florist Network. . All Orders Are 100% Guaranteed You Can Order Direct On Line With Our Secure Server, To London, United Kingdom,Canada, America & New Zealand. Go To "YOUR LOCATION" Menu On Bottom Left Of Screen To Send Flowers To Other Destinations: E-mail Us All Your Details And Country".

Now I 'm in war with this liar. It would be so kind if you could give me more in details what made you contact to me , or he gave my address to you.
I would like to explain more but my poor English prevents me from explaining in depth . Let me quote mail from one of my customers.
- Hi Nong,
Ok. Thanks. I will bid on the ebay viking and pay you (in baht) when I'm there. I will send

you one email through ebay when I have won to confirm.

Will call you when I reach Bangkok or when I know my schedule.

Thanks,
J
- Dear J
I've visited ebay and found that guy is cheating people. He copied my pic and all

information.He may send mirabilis substitute for the plant in pic. How can I stop him , please

?
Regards,
Nong

- Hi Nong,
I deeply regret to hear that. You must take action immediately. Write to the person (you can

join ebay and use the 'contact member' feature) or in some other way and threaten him that

you will write to ebay and take legal action as the information you have on your website is

legally copyrighted.

Also maybe post on some carnivorous plant forums ( e.g. terraforums.com and

http://www.pitcherplants.proboards34.com/ ) and ask for suggestions. They will have good

knowledge of things like these.

I have emailed the people that bought from him telling them it is may not be the true viking

(and asking them to describe). I was quite surprised to find that the N. vikings were too cheap

too believe!

Sorry to hear that,
J
- Oh yes I forgot, also tell the guy to remove the items immediately or else.

- Dear J
Thank for your kind soul. I mailed to him but no reply.After reading what appeared in ebay

carefully , I wonder why he didn't show the pic of his own plant. He also put his logo on the pic

as if it's his.And he said nothing about CITES and Phytosanitary ,does it mean he will send

plants without paper ? What will happen if the plants were hold by Authorities? Can the buyer

ask for refund ? And he will ship a package of 5 M size Viking worldwide by EMS. for 20 US$

shipping cost , but the official cost for first 500 Grams. from Thailand to England is 30 US$.
Regards,
Nong
Dear J
Thank for your kind soul. I mailed to him but no reply.After reading what appeared in ebay

carefully , I wonder why he didn't show the pic of his own plant. He also put his logo on the pic

as if it's his.And he said nothing about CITES and Phytosanitary ,does it mean he will send

plants without paper ? What will happen if the plants were hold by Authorities? Can the buyer

ask for refund ? And he will ship a package of 5 M size Viking worldwide by EMS. for 20 US$

shipping cost , but the official cost for first 500 Grams. from Thailand to England is 30 US$.
Regards,
Nong

Hi Nong,
Its no problem, really. I hate it when people take other's information without asking/try to trick people into buying something fake.

I have warned his buyers and any other people by posting on terraforums and the pitcherplant forum. Also asking for suggestions. I have emailed him and am waiting for a reply.

At least to try to get him to post pictures of HIS OWN plant. I have tracked down the guy responsible: http://www.baandokmai.com/ - his address is on the webpage.

J
That's what happen to Viking's enthusiasts and me. So if you have problems, please contact to Mr. Narongpol Nilkamhaeng at http://www.baandokmai.com/ .
Regards,
Nong Thailand

Good move Nong! This is the least you should be doing.
smile.gif

Thanks a lot! This sort of thing needs to have action taken against it! I hope that you can stop this guy and that he gets some serious reprocussions.

Good on you Nong!. I hope you can stop this guy.
Nevertheless, i'd like to give my opinion on the matter. Since you must have an excellent reputation with your plants and service, i don't particularly think this guy is going to get away with it
smile_m_32.gif

Gus

Just went to ebay and did not see 'Viking' posted. Has it been removed?

Actually, I don't think it's been there for a week-I have been watching stuff come and go, and there were no Vikings.
Amazing how a few years ago, it would be a treat to see any cp related thing on eBay. Now there is tons.

Cheers,

Joe

Back