What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are the chances?

upper

Capensis Killer
i snapped my oreophila division from the rhizome when i tried to take off the leafhopper. it came off like nothing :-( it has 1 root that's almost an inch long what are the chance of survival? some of the tiny pitcher are turning brown now. will it have more chance indoor in artificial light or outdoor?

I have had Sarrs grow from a rhizome division with no roots attached. You should be ok.

I'd keep it in the same conditions but make sure that it gets plenty of water. If it's extremely hot out, you may consider positioning it such that it is shaded by other plants. Or if it's really very dry outside, you always could try moving it inside... But I wouldn't bother.

But that's just me.

this one, pitcher's only 1 inch tall, none has opened. there's 6 pitcher on it, 3 is brown, 1 straight root pointing down

Back