What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What seeds are these?

I am told by the seller that they are Sarracenia purpurea purpurea seeds and they look remarkably similar to my own but I am still not sure even though google tells me it is a purpurea.

this link is how I got google's guess
https://www.google.com/search?tbs=s...fNlh9PibC0tMTB0rgUPEmucgYxiCxUrqX5QAYLQ-YHCw#

?????????
I'm pretty sure that they are Sarracenia Purpurea seeds. They look very similar to the ones I googled. I googled some extra photos for comparison. Are you thinking that they are fake seeds or another sarracenia hybrid? How did you obtain them?

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Those are sarracenia seed on the Ebay listing photo. It is impossible to tell sarracenia species apart by their seed. You can narrow it down some by seed size, where purpurea tends to be larger and rubra tend to be some of the smallest but it varies - then you have the hybrids, which can range in size.

Last edited:
Back