What's new

2021 NASC Benefit Auction!

Review the rules in the 2021 NASC Benefit Auction forum. Listing and bidding for the NASC auction begins in
2021 NASC auction is LIVE! List items and bid now, thanks for your support!

Which ones have uppers

OK, my N. Gracilis is about two feet long and I'm getting the impression it does not produce 'upper pitchers'.
Also my N. Ampullaria is doing a bit of upward growing and doesn't have any different pitchers. I assume these two species simply don't form two types of pitcher. Correct?

joe

schloaty

Staff member
Joe,
Are you sure it's not producing all upper pitchers? I think I read somewhere that if you root a cutting with upper pichers on it already, it will continue to produce upper pitcher and not revert back to lowers....Are you neps from cuttings?
confused.gif
confused.gif

N. gracilis produces upper pitchers, but they arent much different from the lower pitchers, just bigger and more slender. N. ampullaria, often doesnt have any pitchers coming of its leaves when its vine gets longer, though it does, rarely, produce an odd shaped upper pitcher though.

Thanks I didn't look all that close, I was more or less looking for the loop in the tendril or a dramatically different pitcher.

They are both from TC I think. I'll just keep watching.

Thanks
joe

Schloaty,

Where did you read that? Because from my experiance, all Nep cuttings produce at least some lower pitchers before reverting to uppers.

Mike