What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would these light be okay for growing cephalotus

I want to use Leds over t5s because I'm making a temperature controlled chamber and I'm not in the mood to deal with lights heating it up in there when I'm already trying to cool things off so I'm gonna try leds.
So I found these lights and I think they look good but I'm not sure what do you guys think? https://www.sunblasterlighting.com/our-products/grow-lighting/led-strip-lights/

P.S. I was also gonna get 2 lights for each row u think that's enough? the rows should be 2 ft wide by 4 ft long. I'm also not sure what distance I should have my leds from the plants, is 18inches too much?

Last edited:
Those would work but the efficiency isn't really any better than T5HO bulbs so that won't help the heat situation.

Those would work but the efficiency isn't really any better than T5HO bulbs so that won't help the heat situation.

Oh so they give off about the same amount of heat?
If that's the case might aswell go with their t5ho then.

Last edited:
With the same efficiency of ~100 lumens per watt, both the LED and T5 fixtures will produce the same amount of waste heat. HOWEVER the LEDs do still have one large advantage: They won't fade like fluorescent bulbs do and won't need to be replaced regularly.

There are much more efficient LED fixtures out there if you shop around though.

Do you know of any good ones? One of the reasons I like these is cuz they give off a white looking light and I'm not to fond of when lights make your plants look all pink and purple

I don't like the pink/purple lights either. Hopefully someone else can chime in with some fixture suggestions - I build my own lights.

Back