What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borneo and its nepenthes: a pictorial tour

Few more N. rafflesiana lowers as per request:

c537a4ec8tz.jpg

4165626b0cn.jpg

d7f4b2d27ko.jpg

Intermediate pitcher?

5168bfad9ew.jpg

076184fa4ci.jpg

5e4834ee0df.jpg

e0df127e6rc.jpg

Also, I was playing around with MS Paint and came up with this.  I think it would make quite a nice book cover.  
smile_m_32.gif

nepenthesofmountkinabalu0ja.jpg

Love that book cover, where can I buy the book? I would also love to see a picture of Rajah, (or any of the neps) with something else in the picture for size comparison.

Nep_grower you're really spoiling us with all these wonderful photos! Helps me look forward to travelling to SE Asia all the more!

Cheers,

Amori

[b said:
Quote[/b] (srduggins @ Sep. 19 2005,5:49)]Love that book cover, where can I buy the book? I would also love to see a picture of Rajah, (or any of the neps) with something else in the picture for size comparison.
This is really the only one I have.  Dried N. rajah pitcher with Canon Ixus camera.

picture0016tk.jpg

Ahh.. there might be a problem...

"Your photobucket account argonauta1 has exceeded 1000 Megabytes of bandwidth this month. In order to keep free accounts available and highly reliable, we cannot offer unlimited bandwidth on free accounts. If you would like to upgrade to a premium account, please goto http://photobucket.com/upgrade.php. If your account exceeds 1500 Megabyes of bandwidth, direct linking will be disabled for the remainder of the month. Please see the faq on bandwidth at http://photobucket.com/faq.php

Admin
Photobucket.com"

It was fun while it lasted. I agree with all of the positive comments about your wonderful photos. I think you win post of the year!

How about some details on the trip? How lond did it take to get there? Did you make all the arrangements yourself or did you use a travel agency/guide? Any recomendations?

I will make the trip myself on day!

Glenn

you could probably signup with yahoo or msn and use that email to make a new photobucket account. Thanks a lot for the rafflesiana pics!! I love the pink and red one.

These are quite literally some of the most stunning pictures I've seen in my entire life. I'm still a little shocked... lol.. Thanks a lot for sharing these! If you like, I can ask my dad if we could host some images for you. I don't think it should be a problem as I host images all the time and yours have pretty small file sizes. PM me if you're interested, it's the very least I can offer in return for you showing us the wonderful pictures!

Thanks for the offer, but you need not go the trouble as I will host them on imageshack, which has virtually unlimited bandwidth for free (100 mb per pic per hour). However, this will take some time for ~100 photos.

hammina hammina hammina hammina

Zoiks! Wowsers!

Those are amazing photos. What awesome plants. Thank you so much for sharing!

I swear and am still swearing that these are the best collection of photos to hit the forums since...EVER! And to think these are only a few hours by plane from where I live. Man Michael you should have visited me
smile_m_32.gif
...and the pictures would still have made an impact the 2nd time round.

Jason

BTW you are not the same 'Michael' as is 'rainforest carnivores' on the pitcher plant forum, are you?

Wow
Some of the best wild plants ive seen ,amazing the Burbidgea,Rajah and the Villosa
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Bye for now Julian

Thank you all for your comments.

I will try to re-upload the images in the near future.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ Sep. 20 2005,10:08)]BTW you are not the same 'Michael' as is 'rainforest carnivores' on the pitcher plant forum, are you?

Nope.

All photos are back up now. The good news is this time they should remain so permanently. =)

Some brilliant photos
smile.gif

The best looking Wild Neps I have seen...
Its always amazing to see what awful soil conditions they are found in- thriving.
smile_m_32.gif

cheers

bill

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Some brilliant photos
smile.gif

The best looking Wild Neps I have seen...
Its always amazing to see what awful soil conditions they are found in- thriving.
smile_m_32.gif

cheers

bill

Indeed...

Excellent photo series. I like the combination of perfection and imperfection that is seen in the wild plants. The harsh conditions they grow in are obvious in the photos.

Brian

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nep_grower @ Sep. 18 2005,1:27)]
picture2584fw.jpg

N villosa lower pitcher.  Note the beautifully intricate peristome.

I really liked this pitcher or villosa, very strong colors and big teeth.
I really liked this pitcher or villosa, very strong colors and big teeth.

This is incredible. Never seen such a beautiful nepenthes pictures. I think I have decided the location of my next trip
smile.gif

Could have sworn that was the exact same pitcher of villosa I saw went I went there...wait a minute, it didn't just wink at me, did it?!?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Back