What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally a basal shoot

my speckled amp is producing a basal, after two years of waiting.

c52148e2.jpg

and here is a lil aristo pitcher forming

8cf7578d.jpg

Hope you dont mind me throwing in a pic of one of my amps here.

N.jpg

Its a little further on in its basal shoot production.

very cool Wolf, thats what im hoping for

nice, love the arist. you cant get those anymore
confused.gif

i should stress that its a LIL aristo pitcher, i doupt its even an inch tall. im hoping for basal shoots on it so i can see some larger lower pitchers. granted it really isnt a very big species to begin with.

So whats your secret to getting the Amp basal shoot. I tried twisting my growing tip below the pot, but it just straightened out and started growing up again. I don't think I've seen a pitcher in two years. Just changed the soil mix to a peat/sand base. Hoping that will improve things.

i have no secret, i have no clue why it decided to. i repotted it about 2 months ago. at that time there was absolutly ZERO basal growth. the mother plant is actually about a foot or lil more across leaf tip to leaf tip, hs about a foot worth of vine and has more or less quit pitchering which means nothing has changed in the last 3 months other than the repotting and the fact its added one leaf.

oh and its in a mix of LFS and 1/3-1/2 inch coconut husk chips roughly half and half

Well mine is twice that size. Hopefully repotting it will do the trick.

come to think of it since repotting the quick draining properties of those coco chips have allowed the pot to get a lil drier between waterings. but honestly i think it was the repotting that kicked in the basal production. repotting has cause Miranda to start blooming for me in the past. that lil bit of stress sometimes does wonders

Back