What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offshoots on a large nepenthes

hey there, i currently have a ventricosa that has one offshoot that has little tiny leaves and another thas about to burst out. the plant is about a foot tall and sorta slants. will the offshoots have lower or upper pitchers as soon as they star growing good?

I have noticed that basal shoots will start with lower pitchers.
Shoots off the vine can vary.

Lowers if its near the bottom. You can chop the big vine back if you wish to.

i have seen offshoots on ventricosa, most are lower pitchers and it ends up looking as if a baby plant is growing on the side of your ventricosa

Same thing is happening w/ my carunculata. If you don't chop any of the stems off, you end up with multiple vines that can all flower or be chopped off, divided, and traded for other species!

-D. Lybrand

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Sep. 28 2005,12:25)]I have noticed that basal shoots will start with lower pitchers.
Shoots off the vine can vary.
yeah i seen a cutting of a maxima and a sanquinea that i have and it seemed that it went into uppers as soon as it emerged.

Back