What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sibt 28

Hey all. I grow a seed grown form of sibuyanensis and was thinking about growing a second form. All I really know about sibt 28 is that it is a red variety and has rounder pitchers than some others I've seen (ie., mine). Does anybody know its sex or which company it originates from? Thanks a lot.

-D. Lybrand

It's a selected clone from Borneo Exotics. I doubt it has flowered yet, so sex is unknown.

I see. Thanks for the info.

-D. Lybrand

This is my sibt 28

01535824.jpg

Good growing!

Wow! Great pic FedeAbra! The nectar glands are really pronounced!

Cheers,

Amori

yeah nice pic hope to see more color soon!
cool.gif

Those are the nectar glands? I have never actually seen them on any of my Neps. I guess it takes awhile for the red colouration to develop, then?

-D. Lybrand

nectar glands indeed!  sibu is known to have nectar glads almost everywhere:;):

Huh. There are several tiny dark points on top of the lid of my sibuyanensis' latest pitcher (opened this morning, I peered into the tank before I went to school, didn't see it w/ the light on until after I got home).

-D. Lybrand

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dlybrand @ Sep. 29 2005,7:19)]Huh.
are you wondering if it should have this many? well look a mine. it has alot on the leaves pithcers tendril and stem...

Thanks, infact my plants need more light....

fc3srx713b:

I wasn't really asking a question. I'm not really sure how that word functioned in my post. Kind of like saying "hmm" but not really... I guess it's not that important. BTW, where can I find pics of your sib?

-D. Lybrand

Nice! Is yours a seed grown BE? It looks very similar to mine. Seems to be pitchering bigger, though. How long have you had it?

-D. Lybrand

well i had it for about a month ago so dont think i got it when small. its adapting to my conditions outdoors. mine has the red/pink color on the edges of the leaves!

Mine came w/ the red leaf margins but they no longer appear on new leaves.

-D. Lybrand

Back