What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey,
I went out to take pictures of a monster ventricosa x lowii pitcher that opened and took some other pics at the same time. All of the vent x lowii pics came out terribly
mad.gif
but I figured I'd post these.

First, N. ephippiata, which is a solid, fast grower for me:
N_ephippiata_2.sized.jpg

Next, nothing much to see here, but it's growing so fast I thought I'd get a pic while it's still small. N. platychilla:
N_platychila.sized.jpg

Here's one I've had a while. It's just starting to undergo a good growth spurt. N. spectabilis x ventricosa. Love the peristome colors. They hypnotize me.
N_spectabilis_x_ventricosa6.sized.jpg

Here's a "weed" nepenthes. This will grow anywhere. N. x Koto "effulgent":
5_G.sized.jpg

N. lowii is the slowest grower ever. But each leaf is bigger, and each pitcher is a little better. I have no problem waiting on this one, which was dime-sized when I got it.
N_lowii4.sized.jpg

I love this N. maxima var "superba". It keeps making great pitchers:
N_maxima_var_superba_5.sized.jpg

Finally, N. x Predator, which got me a second place ribbon at the BACPS annual show. I'm number two!!!
N_x_Predator6.sized.jpg

Capslock

nice pics. what makes the maxima a var superba or the diff between the regular maxima

It's superb! Seriously, I think it's just a particular variation on an extremely variable species.

Capslock

Maybe there is something to N. x predator
smile_n_32.gif
! How come no one has posted pics of the BACPS meeting?
smile_h_32.gif

It's official: N. spectabilis x ventricosa is as of today My New Obsession!

Thanks for sharing!

Hans

Great plants! Love the color on all your neps
biggrin.gif

Hi Caps
Lovely photos of some fantastic looking plants.Ive been threating to get an Ephippiata for ages,and thats done it ive gotta get one now.My Platychilla is about the same size as yours and yes it does grow at a right rate of knots now its settled in.The Black and red striped peristome is lovely,just need to cross it with the Platychilla and wow what a peristome.
Keep um coming caps,lovely.bye for now Julian

Gotta agree with Hans on that spec x vent. Stunning color. Dig the maxima too.

I like the N. spectabilis x ventricosa also.  The contrast between the glossy peristome and the matte look of the pitcher is great.  It almost looks like the pitcher is turned inside out, with the waxy layer on the outside.

The N. predator is great also.  Next year you'll win first place. The pitcher to leaf ratio is outstanding.

Brian

I like the spect x vent too. Is that actually the cross with the red ventricosa? I just got one of those, too. And to think it was almost an afterthought to my order when I noticed it was a female. Now that I've seen a bigger more mature pitcher, I've got a new obsession too, (even though I already own one). Funny how your preferences change after you've grown something for a while.

nice plants btw capslock! i like your N. platychilla but not interesting when small and only interesting when its in upper pitcher form. a jaq is better that the N. platychilla all the way up to upper pitcher form:p

Great phootos, Capslock!  The spectabilis x vent. peristome is fantastic.  I saw you N. xPredator at the BACPS Show - beautiful plant.

Good growing,
KPG

Back