What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes miranda from cuttings

Hi! I recently bought my first Nepenthes Miranda plant at a local flea market. what a cool plant it is! It appears to be doing well, new pitchers opening up and new tendrils growing. Little green trees frogs have taken to using the pitchers as hammocks. I like this planet so much (I call it my "Triffid") that I would like to try to grow another from a cutting but I havent a clue how to start the starts. What part of the plant do I clip? a leaf? a tendril? what is the best growing medium? and should I dip the cutting in that "grow start" stuff? any info would be appreciated but please keep the info simple. I'm new to this kind of plant. THANKS!

Hi Nebtet and welcome to the forums! Here is another link to a how to discussion for taking Nep cuttings. Also, in a book called Carnivorous Plants of the World, by James & Patricia Pietropaolo, there is a pictoral illustration of how to take cuttings. I bought my copy through Borders Bookstore, but a local library could also bring one in for you.

Back