What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The neps that couldn't

i try and try but my ventricosa doesn't pitche, all my other plants pitcher and flower anualy but this plant is retarded in every prosses of life! It wont pitcher, it wont flower, but worse, IT WONT PITCHER
smile_h_32.gif
so can enyone explain to me what the problem is ;

i have it in a large new zealand sphagnum moss , on my windowsill, it gets shade/ bright indirect light always. it is constantly sprayed with a fine mist and the temps are kept at a 60-80*F humidity is always 50-60 in fall in NY but i have to spray it to higher the humidity.
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (7santiago @ Oct. 08 2005,7:21)]but this plant is retarded
one thing for sure is you can try to apologize
laugh.gif

I just got a Ventricosa cutting and I am keeping my fingers crossed. I hope I wont have to wait a year or more for this thing to pitcher.

-Rail

I had a N.pilosa x veitchii that wouldn't pitcher, but when I finally got a garden sprayer. The pitchers started to swell, and some pitchers won't swell unless they are resting on lfs.

Has anyone tried fertilizing it and grow it warmer yet?

I think rainforestguys suggestion of growing it warmer would help. Also what is the humidity when you dont spray it? try to repot it into a much larger pot, then the humidity would rise even more around it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Oct. 07 2005,10:24)]
[b said:
laugh.gif
Dang right! She ain't "retarded", she's special!

Hahaha
biggrin.gif
Special in a negative way ;)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Oct. 07 2005,10:24)]
[b said:
laugh.gif
lol, no i meant reatarded, slow, very slow not dumb!

Back