What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bottom right looks like lowii x veitchii.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SydneyNeps @ Oct. 11 2005,4:55)]Bottom right looks like lowii x veitchii.
I think it needs to be N. truncata x lowii
smile_m_32.gif

Cheers,
Dominik

What makes you think that Dominik? Its not a very old plant yet, so how could N. truncata peristome be fluted yet? Still should be moderately "normal" if truncata is a parent.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TyFone @ Oct. 10 2005,5:19)]You think it will do good in lowland? 30C day and 23 night?

Sry lybrand for stealing of your topic ;)
I have been growing mine outside in Atlanta all summer long so I would say it can take lowland conditions too. Pretty bomb proof in my experience.

It's N. veitchii x lowii. Just this last pitcher has the crazy peristome. I can't wait for the next one!

Capslock

Yes. I was evidentally suffering a brain cramp of some sort. I re-checked it and it's veitchii x lowii.

Capslock

OK then I add this lybrand  
smile_m_32.gif

I just realised that I cant get it here cheap :p so here is some other hybrid I can get.

do you think think one of this hybrid will do fine with the lowland temperatures I mentioned before?

N.lowii x ventricosa
N.lowii x truncata
N.lowii x veitchii

I can get this for about 30$ and I have some birthday money to spend ;)

N.lowii x ventricosa (wish I had it!), both of its parents are highlanders so I dont think it could survive for very long in lowland environment.
The crosses with truncata and veitchii )which are probably their lowland forms) make the plant an intermediate so these plants could survive for some time(probably quite long)in lowland temperatures of 23C by night and 30C by day.

Lowii x truncata might be ok.

Yeah, I got a real cheap one, TyFone. Dean only had a couple left, and I got one! Otherwise, I couldn't afford it. In fact, it was still pretty expensive. Just cheaper than most.

-D. Lybrand

Yes but I have never seen it here in the EU thats why I cant get it probably :p

True, you'd have to import it. Is exotica out of stock right now?

-D. Lybrand

Back