What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"grooming"

does anyone feel the same way i do?! i like to clean every leaf on my nepenthes with a secret method. NO AND IM NOT TALKING ABOUT USING MILK OR LEAF SHINE TO MAKE THE LEAVES SHINNY!!! IF YOU USE THAT IN A COMPETITION MOSTLIKELY YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED OR LOSE POITNS.
i stay away from cleaning leaves that are fuzzy or that have a weird texture such as an ampullaria. it works great on maximas! along with that i like to trim the leaves and of course when they are dried up. does anyone trim the leaves and pitchers to get a desired look?

I do trim brown leaves and tips, but mostly to let more light reach the live sphagnum.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Oct. 09 2005,12:54)]I do trim brown leaves and tips,
when you mean the tips are they live or are they the dead stuff?

i love to clean the leafs, i have a 1 1/2 meter vine in my living room which i keep as a house plant. Although it requires lots of care(misting on low humidity days, constant cleaning, feeding, oh and that constant everyday waterings) i love it! I dont use milk or shining products *cough* Poison *cough* i simply add a small amount of lime(fruit juice) to the water and it works great as a cleaner and a fungicide. Garlic water is also fantastic for fungis infections. i hate having a dead ugly pitcher so cuting off pitchers and leafs ar a must.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (7santiago @ Oct. 09 2005,5:24)]i love to clean the leafs!...... I dont use milk or shining products *cough* Poison *cough* i simply add a small amount of lime(fruit juice) to the water and it works great as a cleaner and a fungicide. Garlic water is also fantastic for fungis infections. i hate having a dead ugly pitcher so cuting off pitchers and leafs ar a must.
good to know about the lime and garlic! i love cleaning the leaves too!

Back