What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truncata(highland)xmaxima

i found a truncata(highland)x maxima and ITS GORGOUS!!!!!!Now does anyone have one, Is it an easy grower?, it has a candy cane peristome with a huge moahogany colored body with black spots.Its a dream plant and a new recent hybrid.

pic please!
smile.gif

dang! wish it wasn't a japanese mass producer or i would post a pic but the entire web site has right click locks, you cant copy paste or upload anything

Send me a link to the original site and I'll get you the pic. (I'm magic. I also use a Mac.)

-D. Lybrand

well i found it, ill be posting a picture of its peristome(the pic is only of its peristome but the pitcher has black spots all over it, it looks like Truncata x lowii but the pitcher is full of spots) this plant is a bit sun schorched though

I would suggest it was the lowland form of truncata used as the byrid parent, as the highland parent hasn't been in cultivation long enough to produce botanical hybrids.

First of all, the tag for the photo reads N.lowiiOp.

N. truncata highland has not been in circulation that long. I ahve not heard of anyone even flowering one yet. I would like to see this N. truncata highland x maxima cross.

Michael

the site states truncata highland x maxima maybe its the wrong photo hmm... well what ever, the discription sounds good though.
confused.gif
silly me, sory to get some of you exited, thanks rainforestguy.

A search on google brought up this image:  http://www.flytraps.com/newimages/maxima-x-truncata.jpg

Jeese, that's just maxima dark x truncata from exotica. Nothin new.

Back