What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gotta love 'em

lol

BANNED
Recent pics of the good 'ol chamber, roughin it through those arid santa anna winds.

IMAGE_130.jpg

IMAGE_129.jpg

IMAGE_128.jpg

hanging sundews

IMAGE_118.jpg

IMAGE_132.jpg

new pitcher on ephippiata

IMAGE_131.jpg

ephippiata still growin despite low humidity

Rafflesiana sarawak giant still growing. Latest pitcher almost the same size as the last, but much fatter/squater.

IMAGE_127.jpg

IMAGE_126.jpg

IMAGE_125.jpg

N. sanguinea

IMAGE_119.jpg

IMAGE_111.jpg

N. khasiana x truncata. Oddly, one side was mostly green, but the other had nice red speckling. Very nice hybrid.

IMAGE_124.jpg

IMAGE_122.jpg

IMAGE_121.jpg

N. x medusa for your pleasure

IMAGE_115.jpg

loooong tendril

IMAGE_114.jpg

IMAGE_113.jpg

IMAGE_112.jpg

And last but not least, my maxima hybrid. The latest pitcher was slightly deformished, with reduced wings and messed up peristome.

IMAGE_117.jpg

IMAGE_116.jpg

Hope you liked the pics
smile.gif

Nice! Your sanguinea seems to not mind the weather! Good to see things like N. rafflesiana and N. ephippiata growing together.

Capslock

Impressive pics! I'm digging that N. x medusa and that rafflesiana.
smile_m_32.gif

Yeah sometimes I find a pitcher on one of my maxima hybrids missing a bit of peristome, strange...

Nice sumatrana, whats its diameter for that pitcher?
how about the rafflesiana too?
And you have so many truncatas
smile_n_32.gif

what are the day/night temps like now?
Thanks

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And you have so many truncatas

I knew someone would say that
biggrin.gif
. The truncata hanging on the left of the chamber is indeed a truncata. Below it is maxima x truncata. On the right side, you will see lowii x truncata hanging. The sumatrana is almost 3" deep, and the rafflesiana pitcher nearly 4" at the deepest. Thanks for the compliments guys
smile.gif

nice set up lol
sanguinea looks nice!
smile.gif

What do you feed them? I can't tell if they are outside or not.

-Rail

wow nice setup and plants!
I was wondering, how do u get the pots to hang firmly on the wire grid? and how much light do you use?

I feed my plants milk and superthrive. The pots just hang from the cage structure, suspended either by paper clips, or thin wire string. The structure is surprisingly sturdy, but I guarantee it won't hold up very well if another earthquake comes to this area.

Very nice, lol.
I had to look through them three times to find the sumatrana....
smile_l_32.gif

Cheers,

Joe

Yea, I didn't focus on the sumatrana, as it doesn't have any new pitchers just yet. Forgot to mention, I use 4 48" daylight tubes, two 65 watt compact fuorecents, and two 125 watt compact fluorecents. Just my darn luck, one of the 125'ers broke this week. I just spent 100 on an ro unit, and now I gotta go out and pay atleast 75 for a new 125 watt bulb, plus my 48" bulbs really need replacing, as well as every other friggin light come to think of it. Makes me want to cry... Atleast the window gets more direct light this time of year, so I should be ok til after the holidays.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeebay!
biggrin.gif

I got a bunch of mylar for my future grow chamber on eBay a couple of years ago. Great place to find things, unless you spend $84 trying to get a couple of sealed boxes of Yugioh cards for your kids for Christmas and it appears you have been flamboozled. I hate it when that happens.
If somebody set up a account just to swindle some people, what is negative feedback going to accomplish?
Sorry I got off topic. Just makes me
mad.gif

Cheers,

Joe

I knwo how you feel my MH lights went out and the new bulbs are nutty expensive. Oh well, I only need to replace them once every few years.

Back