What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oct nepenthes pics

here are a few more pics to add to the fray ;)
notice the difference in the hamata clones. As they mature, I am really surprised by the variabilty between the different clones. Seems like no two are the same. After seeing the hairy hamata, it makes you wonder how many other types are out there
smile_k_ani_32.gif

mixta
DSCN1868.jpg

lowii
DSCN1834.jpg

lowii & lowii x ventricosa
DSCN1840.jpg

macrophylla (wistuba)
maybe a little over 4 inches.
DSCN1879.jpg

hamata (cp jungle)
DSCN1812.jpg

hamata (?) "purple"
DSCN1857.jpg

hope you like! ;)
Robin  
smile.gif

I really need to get a mixta for myself. It might be too large though, especially if I get a Dyeriana. Holy! That lowii is tight! Wait til this lowii x truncata pitcher is done forming, then I'll show you
smile_n_32.gif
!

WOW! Those are great! Your lowii is perfect! Mine will be hopefully be like that in about 243 years.

Capslock

Awesome pictures!
What kind of temps do you keep your N. macrophylla at?
-Nick

sorry, can't comment right now, as I'm totally enthralled by these pictures...

stunning. love the lowii, i just got one. i think it would almost fit inside yours pitcher. always enjoy seeing your pics

Lovely plants! I hope Ill have that space someday..

Your pics always make me drool, but this time I got a bib before I started looking. Nice job, as usual.

Thanks guys. Beleive me I do my fair share of drooling here too! lol
Capslock don't get dicouraged, lowii is a fast grower if conditions are right. Yours seem to be right on. All the plants except mixta are 60-85 degrees. this particular clone of macrophylla from Andreas is a very easy, very fast grower.
Glad you all liked em
smile.gif
Now don't be shy with your pics! I need to see more!lol

i love your plants and that lowii is a prize specimen
smile_k_ani_32.gif

oh sweet jesus.....amazing!

any chance of a pic of the whole setup?

Wow
Very nice indeed,the Secretions under the Lowiii lid is amazing.
Good news the Macrophylla is a fast grower as i have one from Wistuba to,mine however has a looooooong way to go.
Great photots keep them coming please.
Bye for now julian

Excellent plants. I like the side-by-side shot of lowii and lowii x ventricosa. What type of setup do you use? I see a humidistat in one of your pics.

Brian

Here you go guys. Some pics of my settup. Of course I have a couple more grow chambers, but this one is the most productive for me. Some of you have seen it before, and yes..it is a shower ;) I have a humidistat hooked to a wallmart humidifier. Set at about 80%. A inline fan hooked to a thermostat set at about 80 degrees, and several lights on top, which I should just replace with a 400 or 600 metal halide. I have recently hooked up a greenhouse mister to help with the watering.
smile.gif

frontchamber.jpg

outsidechamber.jpg

insidechamber.jpg

Nice! You've certainly put the work in, you deserve your results! Might I suggest, if you're replacing the lights, the new T5 fluorescent tubes? I'm about to replace my 400watt MH light with some. They are at least as bright, it seems, and put out a lot less heat, and use less energy. Plus, you can control your color temp by mixing bulbs. Tek Light is one brand.

Capslock

Your set-up looks like something out a mad scientists lab! Thanks for the photos and explanation.

Brian

the pic looks like ur using incandecent lightling to bring up the heat in there

In my growroom I rely on the heat from my MH light to provide the daytime temperatures I need. Otherwise it would always be 60 degrees in there. If your growspace is always cool, those lights are great for providing heat. It all comes down to temperature control. If I close the interior door to my growroom, I can get the humidty up with a humidifier on dry days, but the heat gets too high. With the window and interior door open, the temps are perfect but on dry days my humidity drops to 50%. So I'm considering replacing my MH light with T5 fluorescents so I can close the interior door and still keep the room cool enough.

The lighting choices you make are, in part, based on what they do to your temperatures. Sometimes you want some extra warmth, sometimes you don't.

Capslock

Back