What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yellow spots..

I have some yellow spots on my N.reinwardtiana leaf.
I read something about that it could be lack of nutritients?
I can maybe send a picture later.
Can someone help me and tell me whats wrong?

Do you grow inside or out? My outdoor grown N. Merrilliana is developing bright pink/red spots on it's dark green leaves leaves, so I'm eager to read the answers to your question

I grow it inside in a terrarium.
I also grow merrilliana in the same conditions. And mine also had red spots nothing to worry about it disapeared later...

It may be a lack of nutrients, though proper feeding would preclude that. What/how often are you feeding it?

It may also be high lighting (leaves closest to the light should be most colored). If so, it's not a problem.

It may be disease-related (check undersides of leaves for spider mites and other critters). Viral/fungal infections may cause leaf spotting as well.

It may be the beginning of natural leaf death (usually bottom leaves gradually yellow as they get older).

If it's in a terrarium, humidity is probably not a factor.

Hope this helps. Send us a pic if you have one.

I feed it with a cricket every time a new pitcher opens.

Its the newest leaf but its not very close to the lights.

Ill try to send a pic today..

Here are a couple of pics of my N. Merrilliana. Also note how small the new leaves are, but are still producing pitchers.
merri.jpg
merri2.jpg

It could be that they are acclamatizing to the new light levels.
Some of my plants also growed smaller leaves when I increased the lights.

Thats just from the light, mine commonly do that when the seasons change.

Pretty much every nep I bring home grows smaller leaves and makes bigger pictures than before. I think it's a good trade, though I'm always unsettled by a plant suddenly making smaller leaves.

Capslock

Thanks for the info! I feel more at ease about that plant now!

Back