What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bare root...

glider14

Always a newbie
ok i jus got a n. ventrata from a site and i was so happy only it was bare root...is it hard to put them in a pot? any special conditions? steps to do this? please help!

lol, ok i find that if you get the pot ready then just,with a pencil, make a hole in the center and widen it by rotating it and placing the main roots in the hole the plant can be perfectly repoted. oh and GET A BAG ON THE POT, IN ORDER TO CONTINUE PITCHER PRODUCTION ASAP HIGHER THE HUMIDITY BY PLACING A BAG OVE THE PLANT, just enough to alow the air inside to fog. this helps me alot with neps and sundews

Just place some medium at the bottom of the pot, place and center the plant in the pot, and fill the rest with medium. I usually place a clear plastic bag (with a few air holes) over the plant for the first few weeks to help it adjust. I put them immediately under normal light levels (i.e., I don't slowly adjust the lighting from low to normal).

For most of my neps:  pots <6" i use LFS, and for pots >6" 2:1 or 1:1 LFS:eek:rchid bark, though everyone has their favorite recipe.

Back