What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Argentii, vogelii and talangensis

I'll likely have these arriving tomorrow. What's the collective wisdom about growing them?

Keep them cool and they'll do well. Pure sphagnum has worked well for me as a medium.

I only grow N. vogelii from that list, and it seems happy in typical highland conditions. I use my standard mix of half lfs, then equal parts orchid bark, pumice, and charcoal.

Capslock

My friend grows vogelii as a lowland..

I have argentii, and it's actually pretty easy. There's some mis-information on the net about it - that it has to bury it's tendril for them to form pitchers. In my experience, this isn't true.

I grow mine in LFS with orchid mix for a little "chunk" with pretty good results. Though I think Rob from Borneo Exotics had some really good results with a different mix. Can't remember what it was off the top of my head....You might want to check out his sight for some media tips.

I've been growing N. talangensis as a highlander for several years, and its doing fine. Temps generally run from low of 50 to 80F high. I've seen it described as an "ultra-highlander". Maybe it will grow better under very cool conditions, but they don't seem mandatory.

Good luck,
KPG

Back