What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N izumiae x truncata

Hi all:

I just wanted to show this picture of a relatively small but vigorous izumiae X truncata. it started pitchering 3 weeks after receiving it. Considering the truncata background, i also believe it'll do well in summer.

1105001.jpg

Gus

Oh, wow! The colour on the pitchers should be quite something!

Ta very much for sharing!

Cheers

Nice pitcher. Please resize the photo.

Yes, I noticed that on Exotica's site and have been lamenting letting my permit expire, plus the fact that I don't have any money for plants, and I am running out of room.
Besides all that, I would be all over that...

smile.gif

Cheers,

Joe

Hi
What a great cross,with the Truncata for size and Izumiae for colour it should look superb when mature,and an easy grower to.
smile.gif

Bye for now Julian

Gus,
Here is the seedling I just received.  Pretty similar to your plant.  May be a winner when it "grows up".
177ab056.jpg

Regards,
KPG

[b said:
Quote[/b] (killerplantsguy @ Nov. 17 2005,8:41)]Gus,
Here is the seedling I just received.  Pretty similar to your plant.  May be a winner when it "grows up".
177ab056.jpg

Regards,
KPG
O MY GOODNESS! That looks just like my plant that is labeled Judith Finn. I wonder if I happend to get something else instead. Is there a possibility that mine could be a N.izumiae x truncata?

Trust me, no one would get the two mixed up
cool.gif
. The izumeae x truncata almost looks like it has a toothy persitome. Interesting...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lol @ Nov. 17 2005,9:01)]Trust me, no one would get the two mixed up
cool.gif
.  The izumeae x truncata almost looks like it has a toothy persitome.  Interesting...
Well, mine has a very toothy peristome, almost like a N.hamata. It looks EXACTLY like the picture. Maybe I do have a N.izumiae x truncata.

EDIT- It even has the red under the lid and has those purple splotches in the "throat."

Dewy,

I kind of doubt this hybrid would be floating around labeled "Judith Finn".
To the best of my knowledge, it is a very recent hybrid from Geoff Mansell. The plants in the photos are both very young -- the pitchers will be quite different as they mature.

I suppose you could contact the source of your plant and see if they also stock the N. izumiae x truncata.
KPG

[b said:
Quote[/b] (killerplantsguy @ Nov. 17 2005,10:28)]Dewy,

I kind of doubt this hybrid would be floating around labeled "Judith Finn".
To the best of my knowledge, it is a very recent hybrid from Geoff Mansell.  The plants in the photos are both very young -- the pitchers will be quite different as they mature.

I suppose you could contact the source of your plant and see if they also stock the N. izumiae x truncata.
KPG
I actually got it from a local nursery that sells quite a few plants that are unusual, includinng Cephalotus and N.hamata. It could be they accidentally labeled it wrong. It only has a leafspan of about 3-4 inches, and the pitcher is about the same size as your. I bought it about a week ago. I will try to get some pictures of it after it produces some more pitchers, because right now it is still acclimating to my conditions. It looks nothing like the pics I have seen of judith finn.

Back