What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My campanulata

schloaty

Staff member
Hey all,
I decided that since my camp got some acclaim at the recent NECPS show (I was offered quite a sum by a rather accomplished grower - insert Schloaty's swollen head here), I would post some pics of it for you to enjoy (read:  Schloaty showing off).

100_1273.jpg

100_1272.jpg

100_1271.jpg

100_1270.jpg

100_1269.jpg

100_1268.jpg

Now that's one happy camper!!! And so is the amp trying to sneak into the picture there!

Capslock

WOW such beautiful plants well i mean all neps are beautiful (especialy n. lowii
smile_m_32.gif
)

Nice plant there Sir. Looks good.
I have to say the red in it is pretty unique. Perhaps that was why he was especially interested?..Maybe it's a rare clone?

thanks for sharing
Robin
smile.gif

Did you say "pretty unique" ?!?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

PET PEEVE ALERT! PET PEEVE ALERT!
It's either unique (one of a kind), or it isn't!

-END RANT-
smile_n_32.gif

Thanks for the comments. With regards to the red coloration, I've heard there is actually a variety floating around out there that turns red...though I must admit I haven't seen it (other than mine).

There are four basal shoots, though one is too small to see at the moment. There was a fifth that I tried to separate and root, but I failed. Now I'm reluctant to try again. Maybe I will, though, as there is a new one to fill in any space I create.

Nice plant! How can you know that there are 4 basal shots when you cant see the fourth??
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How can you know that there are 4 basal shots when you cant see the fourth??

Smarty pants....you can't see the fourth IN THESE PICTURES, silly.

Hehe I figured that I was just kidding with you ;)

Schloaty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I would be a girl I would kiss you!
Really! Man...really nice campanulata plants!!!!
I have also received one...(or better 2 because I had fear for its dead) of campanulata from Christian Klein! ( when I went to Praga to the EEE carnivorous meeting).
His clones are with RED peristome if this can help you. I will post a pic of its campanulata when it arrived me 2 months ago!
Listen...I love so much this plants that I took 2 in case of some problems...
I have some questions:
1) Do this plant need light or she like light shadowing?
2) What are your cultivation tips for this plant?
Someone say that this plant is a lowland and some say highland....which one is the true? What are your temperatures?
3) Campanulata is a humidity demanding nepenthes like ampullaria and bicalcarata or could it grow close to a window in lowland conditions temperatures? What are the values of your humidity?
Please tell me more than possible.I simply love this plant.
Bye!

Mr_Aga
Milan - Italy

LOL... ok, ok,....how bout rare?
smile_m_32.gif

It's very nice, but not one of a kind I'm afraid. I have seen one at a california carnivores, and neps has also posted pics of one that looks very similar. The thing that catches my eye, other than the color, is the wings. I bet those off shoots will fetch a fair price too!
Very nice Sir!

Hey Dustin - Thanks....And I do beleive I STILL owe you a shoot.  After failing to root the last one, I'm as shy to cut it as a nerd at his first dance.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Schloaty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I would be a girl I would kiss you!
Really! Man...really nice campanulata plants!!!!
I have also received one...(or better 2 because I had fear for its dead) of campanulata from Christian Klein! ( when I went to Praga to the EEE carnivorous meeting).
His clones are with RED peristome if this  can help you. I will post a pic of its campanulata when it arrived me 2 months ago!
Listen...I love so much this plants that I took 2 in case of some problems...
I have some questions:
1) Do this plant need light or she like light shadowing?
2) What are your cultivation tips for this plant?
Someone say that this plant is a lowland and some say highland....which one is the true? What are your temperatures?
3) Campanulata is a humidity demanding nepenthes like ampullaria and bicalcarata or could it grow close to a window in lowland conditions temperatures? What are the values of your humidity?
Please tell me more than possible.I simply love this plant.
Bye!

Mr_Aga
Milan - Italy

HAR!  Don't let my wife hear you say the first part!  LOL!

1)  Well, mine seems to like being about 6" (15 cm?) under the lights I use (65 watt compact fluorecent - roughly 8600 lumens or so, I think).  So it does like high light.  I also successfully grew it in an east-facing window that only got a little morning light (trees in the way), and then just ambient light thereafter.  I also had three regular 4' twin flurescent tubes over the tank at that time.
2) I'm growing it as a true lowlander (in with the bicalcarata).  Though I've heard they do just as well in an intermediate set up, I've never tried it.  I've never heard of it being grown as a highlander.
3) I'm fairly certain it's humidity-sensetive...at least the pitchers.  They're not very sturdy.  However, I've never experimented with it outside the tank.  I'd say the humidity stays above 75% all the time...Usually over 80%.  I do have the top only about 90% covered so fresh air can circulate in....I think that is helpfull.

All in all, I have a very easy time with it. I mean, it's been more dependable for me even then my gracilis and my raflesiana! Maybe I just got blessed with a really hearty individual plant, I don't know.

hey whats a basal shoot sorry im a newbie lol
biggrin.gif

Hello Schloaty,
Thanks for the detailed answer.
Ok...pratically the most important thing that Campanulata asks is high humidity...ok..ok!
Is also like ampullaria...that female was really not caring of the lot of light my girlfriend was giving to it.
She was demanding desperately of some more humidity and I have not noticed it at first times.
Ok,so let's hope....for the future.I have taken 2 Campanulata and I will give them 2 similar conditions.
One Campanulata is in : 60% Coconuts bark 30 % perlite and 10% peat torf.
The second one bigger is in : 10% Pine bark, 40 % perlite and 50% peat torf.
Last question,in what substrate do you cultivate them?
FIne,let's go on and let's win!
smile.gif

If I can later I will post a photo in this forum!
BYe!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Back