What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Man oh man, i love ebay!

lol

BANNED
I got an eye on ebay. I was the only one who bid on a large N. sanguinea and N. khasiana. Both looked a little abused, but they are obviously old plants, and they will recover just fine in my hands
smile_m_32.gif
! The one that was labeled as N. sanguinea, but actualy N. khasiana- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....IT&rd=1
I'm sure if it were labeled correctly, I would have had a lot more competition!
The real sanguinea is in its vining stage, and I would not have bought if it didn't have that basal shoot. It was also here that I noticed the khasiana tag that apparently got mixed up-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....IT&rd=1

What a great buy!
biggrin.gif

I think thats awsome you got those plants, you be suprised what ya find on eBay, i won a collection of 10 plants and moss that should be here within the next week.. WOOT!!!!!
smile_n_32.gif

I was eyeing that one. I've found some real gems on ebay. I figure this one is good for a few cuttings if nothing else. The price you got was very low, given the size of the plant. You'll have to do some rehab on it though, as it isn't being treated right. But it's big and alive and has multiple growth points, so you'll have a great one on your hands in no time!

Capslock

I was tempted by that one too. Glad it went to a fellow nepaholic!

I just hope they survive the shipping
smile_h_32.gif
. I don't know how much this guy knows about nepenthes growing, and he might ship them a little too dry, as he would for many of his orchids. I'll have to make a note to him about that...

I just got the plants today, and indeed it is a sanguinea and khasiana. They are rather beat up though, but better condition than I expected. I asked the guy to ship them with something moist, but instead he COMPLETELY bare rooted them and put a lil orchid mix in the bag with the roots. Thank god it only took them 2 days to get here
smile_h_32.gif
. Poor things don't have the root mass that they should, most likely because they've been grown like orchids
mad.gif
. Anyway, I soaked them for an hour or two in a 2 drop per cup superthrive solution, and I think they'll do fine. I think both had 5 growth points, so these will be really bushy in no time
biggrin.gif
! I just can't wait til I get my new truncata x veitchii red, and rafflesiana kondo x singapore giant...

so you ended up getting one! thats great! i hope we get diff. sexes!
please lol make sure to post a pic!
smile.gif

How does a nep grown as an orchid managed to have 5 growth points :p

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PiranhaPlant @ Nov. 23 2005,8:58)]How does a nep grown as an orchid managed to have 5 growth points :p
Sheer desperation.
smile.gif

I suspect because the sanguinea was hangin upside down from the pot, it made many basals. The main stem on the khasiana died (in fact, the guy cut it off), so a lot of basals came up to replace it. As is khasiana's nature
smile.gif
. Man... it just dawned on me that I really don't have a lot of space for large plants
smile_h_32.gif
. I can fit quite a few 3" or 4" pot sized neps in there, but larger ones are gonna be a big prob. Darn it. Anyway, Kim told me that the clone of truncata x veitchii I'm getting is really nice, with reddish pitchers. The N. rafflesiana kondo x singapore is gonna be AWESOME! Here is a pic- http://209.203.240.130/sitebui....do3.jpg
http://209.203.240.130/sitebui....ant.jpg

I'll post my own pics on a seperate topic when I get them
smile.gif

Those are beutiful plants!!! really amazing man thx for posting

zac

hey lol,
that one is about to open!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

looks like its gonna stay this color and i took a peek at the peristome and it looks great!
849N_Truncata_x_Veitchii_2_1_.jpg

I doubt it'll stay that dark. I believe the color gradualy fades over time with this cross.

we'll see. the vendor says its suppose to get more color when it ages...

Hey guys, I need your help . I just got a sanguinea and khasiana off ebay from a grower who really can't take care of neps, as he grows them just like orchids. Really dry soil and I guess high humidity. Upon arrival, they had no soil around the poor little roots, so I soaked them in a 2 drop per cup solution of superthrive for about 2hrs, and then potted them up. The humidity has been high here, and the first morining after potting, I sprayed them with more superthrive. The sanguinea should be ok, but the poor khasiana is just having a bad time. The leaves have been sorta soft and wilted ever since I potted it. What could be wrong? This is the first time in a quite a while that I've had a nep go into shock, because of the poor source .

Kepp in mind that khasiana is particularly sensitive when its roots are messed with, at least in my experience. Good luck!

Cheers

Yes, I second that. N. khasiana is a pain in the keister if the roots are screwed around with. Kepp very wet to allow tugor pressure to build again. If I let my established N. khasiana plants dry out for a short time they wilt very rapidly, but return easily.

Back