What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My highland greenhouse photo tour

What are temps you are running in there Jeremiah? Also, watering frequency, humidity, etc.

Thanks!

Wow, as everyone else has exclaimed, you have done a great job there!
Now I better understand that grow list of yours
smile_n_32.gif
!

Edoardo14

The greenhouse is 8’ x 16’ feet.

Dustin
I don’t let it get above 80F or below 35F. The humidity is always above 75% this is the misting system I use http://www.charleysgreenhouse.com/index.c....id3=-99 it also waters all but one of my plants, the Drosophyllum. I just use tap water for everything and they don’t seem to mind.

The shade cloth I have on half of the GH is a 60%.

If any of you guys are ever in Colorado stop by and say hi.

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

Hi Jeremiah
What a fantastic collection,about the best ive seen and proberly ever going to see.The Macrophylla is lovely and i cant believe the size of the Thorelii x Aristolochioides pitchers they are massive and have a great shape.Im going to have to get a Jacquelinae after seeing your specimen,what a stunner
smile_k_ani_32.gif
dont stop taking photos please as its impossible to get bored of them
smile.gif

Bye for now julian

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If any of you guys are ever in Colorado stop by and say hi.

Did you team up with the airlines or something? I could see that sentence singlehandedly raising the number of airfairs to Colorado tenfold or so.
smile_n_32.gif
Just out of curiousity (because I've got a friend in Fort Collins) where in Colorado are you located?

Anyway, back on topic: AWESOME picture. I'll send you the bill for the repairs for the hole my jaw made in the ground when is dropped like that.
smile_n_32.gif

*struggles to find jaw that fell on the floor somewhere*
*finds it*
*screws it back on*
Amazing. Totally amazing. I LOVE your macrophylla!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Hello,

lol thanks guys.

I'm in Colorado Springs right near the Garden of the Gods.

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jeremiah Harris @ Nov. 13 2005,11:48)]Hello,

lol thanks guys.

I'm in Colorado Springs right near the Garden of the Gods.

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

Brilliant setup Jeremiah  
smile.gif

Your glasshouse is the Garden of the Gods
smile_m_32.gif

How do you get the heating adjusted in the winter to keep the Neps happy and the Sarracenia dormant?
You certainly make very good use of the space and your plants are the healthiest I have ever seen!

More photos please!!

cheers

bill

It was an absolute pleasure scrolling thru your pictures. Loved all of it. There's nothing like seeing a large, well grown Nepenthes, and to see so many Neps grown to such a high standard...
I see you've got some Nep seed coming along too.
Your greenhouse is a real showcase.

Trent
PS How about some cultivation notes as Dustin suggested. You are obviously an experienced grower who gets results!

Oh! Really dig the flytraps too!

man, you make me want to go back to Colorado Springs next summer instead of the coast. BTW is that a pic of the probable xTrusmadiensis that was in your freezer when i was down there?

That is INCEDIBLE!

Now I have to go fertilize the jacqu.....MUST GET THOSE PITCHERS!

You are an inspiration to those of us who are thinking about getting a greenhouse....I may have to fly you in as a consultant!

Holy................crap!

Freakin' amazing stuff man! That's it, now I MUST get a greenhouse
biggrin.gif

Hello,

Fly-catchers
I leave my Sarracenia outside until night time temps reach about 15 F. Then I bring them to the GH that is 75 F day time and 40 at night and they all seem to love it.

Trent
I really don’t have a lot of special cultivation techniques. My greenhouse is set up so I could go on vacation for 3 months and everything but maybe the Drosophyllum would do wonderful. The misting system I have runs for about 10 to 20 minutes a day more if the swamp cooler is running a lot.

rattler_mt
I would love to see you again and maybe this time you could stay a little longer. Yeah that is the Nepenthes that Tony thinks is x Trusmadiensis, do you still think that Tony? Is there any way it could be N. macrophylla x Trusmadiensis?

Schloaty
I’m serious if you ever have a chance to stop by please do.

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

Jeremiah, wondrous as usual

When do we get to see pics of teh lowland green house
biggrin.gif

lol probably not until next year.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

I'd imagine the underside of the lid on x Trusmadiensis or macrophylla x Trusmadiensis to display red speckling, after having studied photos of the parents and hybrid offspring - quite obvioulsy, your plant doesn't show that, at least as of yet. If it really is a hybrid, I'd also expect more of the lowii coloration on the pitchers. Only time will tell I guess. What the heck would I know anyway huh?
smile_n_32.gif

Cheers

Jeremiah, I think I'd have to disagree with Tony (as much as I'm loathe to) and say that the picture of the macrophylla on the first page is not Trusmadiensis, or even a backcross of macrophylla x Trusmadiensis. It certainly looks like pure macrophylla to me. Greg Bourke just got back from Borneo, and had pictures of a Trusmadiensis that looked like a back-cross with macrophylla. There is also a fair amount of variety in Trusmadiensis, partly caused by whether the mother is lowii or macrophylla, and partly caused by differences in the populations at different altitudes.

Hamish

Whoa! We were typing basically the same things at the same time!

Hello,

I good friend of mine was down visiting my greenhouse and he gave me a CD full, 460 photos from his trip to Borneo and Sumatra. After seeing them in the wild he did not think it was pure N. x Trusmadiensis or N. macrophylla.

Here are some of the photos he took.
6f618994.jpg

64f55488.jpg

9de9ab40.jpg

0c853c54.jpg

My plant is usually much darker red but it is one of the plants that during the summer I grow in the freezer. It was just moved back to the GH before that photo was taken.

I received this plant on 5-31-2003 here is what it looked like. It is in a 3 1/2" pot.
b09fdf7c.jpg

As you can see I have not had it all that long and it as went from a 2 inch plant to a 20 inch plant with nearly 7 inch pitchers.

Here are some photos of the plant when it was getting more light.
9c7a809b.jpg

5cec8889.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

PS. Look for some more of the wild Nepenthes photos in the near furture.

Back