What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.gracilis

During hurricane Wilma, I put my plants in the patio. Most of the neps were chewed on by mice, but nothing serious except for my gracilis which has been chewed alot far back. For some reason, the newest budding pitchers just turned black and died and there hasn't been any new growth since the hurricane. Should I just keep on waiting?

u always have rat problems.... ive seen some of the other post you made and they wall seem to have rats in them
confused.gif

I only had problem with rats twice, and that's only when I put them in the patio during a hurricane. For some reason, when they are outside,nothing hurts them at all, except a aphid attack once, but it was minor. As for the rat problem , we are using mousetraps and most of the rats get trapped just for scurrying around after the patio light comes on.

I swear, buy a large truncata, truncata x veitchii, or lowii x truncata with large pitchers. Put the plant outside where the mice often apear. Buy some good mouse bait, and hang it from the pitcher lid with a piece of string, making sure it hangs just above the fluid. I bet money you'd have mice in those pitchers the next day
smile_n_32.gif
. I have always wanted to try that soooo bad!

I would, but I can't buy any more plants. My friends said I have gone crazy on spending money, but I don't think so and besides even if I did, I don't have any pots :p, I like to order them bareroot because it saves money <_< >_>, well anyway, will my plant recover?

Back