What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep in flower!

schloaty

Staff member
Hey All, good news!

my truncata x ventricosa is sending up a spike. I just noticed today, and it's already about 4" along with a dense pack of buds. Don't know the sex - I think it's a bit early to tell, but I'm really excited. This is only my second time to have a nep flower, and the first one was a flop. So this time I really hope that I can get some seeds.

I think if it's round it's a male, if it's oblong it's a female.

Hi David
Thats good news ,its always rewarding when a nep flowers,if its female i have a Spathulata x Maxima male in flower at the moment so if you need any pollen just let me know.If anyone else needs pollen just let me know please.
Bye for now julian

If it is female I have a male N. veitchii in spike at the moment if you would like some pollen.

Hi gang,

well, the buds look somewhat oblong ( I knew already to look for this trait)....and they're densly packed (don't know if that means anything). Time will tell, time will tell...

Dang! How tall is the flower going to get, anyway? It's about to hit the lights....May have to "train" the spike a little to avoid crispiness...

Jeese, what's the sex already
smile_n_32.gif
! Hay, if it's a female, let some people know so good hybrids can be made. If you want, if it's a female, I'll send you one of these darn flower stalks off my maxima hybrid
biggrin.gif
!

Back