What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep leaves: lighter colour

Hi,

My small 10cm hookeriana is producing lighter green leaves than its previous ones. It's quite new and leaves and pitchers are progressively bigger, however the next leave looks lighter.

In general, what does lighter green mean?
For some reason, this new shade of green looks... better to me. The leaf looks more bright and happy... maybe its just because the older leaves are, well older.

One more minor thing, when will i know when to repot the nep? when the leaves exceed the pot?

Thanks,
wezx

It's probabaly just normal,the same happens to my N. x edinensis. The newest leaves are red, but as they get older they turn green. As for repotting I'm not sure, I think you measure the diameter of the stem, not the leaves?

bright green could a sign that the plant need more light
Arie

They might also be getting a thicker and thicker waxy coating, which would reflect the light differently and could make it appear a little lighter. But you're probably talking a more pronounced difference.

i think aire is right, the pitcher's colours have gona away too... but i don't get it, i seem to be provide lots of light! 4 shop lights, maybe its because don't have reflectors around.

Back