What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.gracilis stolen and some sarrencia

After school, I went to check on my plants and I noticed two pots were missing. One of them being a N.gracilis and another being a pot of 3 sarrencia and I think a red dragon, but I don't remember. This is weird, because I had more valuable plants and my hanging basket neps are the most noticeable plants. On the plus side, my father gave me the money to buy it back, I couldn't find the plant but on the plus side, I'm going to buy a new nep and another judith finn :p. It has two new growth points and I was going to give one to my friend
mad.gif

Hi Omar, that is good news.You can imagine some strangers were addicted to the neps.Not only that your plants must be healthy and grown beautifully.Otherwise it won't be stolen.Keep growing:D

Well the gracilis recently got gnawed on by a rodent and was recovering. Only thing that was weird, was that why did they get only one plant and not the others, which is a good thing
smile_n_32.gif
It wasn't as bad as last year, but luckily they didn't get my N. x edinensis, I don't want to jinx anything
smile_k_ani_32.gif

They are kept outdoors in my backyard, don't know why they stole it, it hasn't grown for a while.

Maybe it was the rodent that didn't quite finish its previous meal on the N.gracilis.
smile_m_32.gif

Or the thief wanted to try CPs and took something easy...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PiranhaPlant @ Nov. 22 2005,5:49)]Well the gracilis recently got gnawed on by a rodent and was recovering. Only thing that was weird, was that why did they get only one plant and not the others, which is a good thing  
smile_n_32.gif
It wasn't as bad as last year, but luckily they didn't get my N. x edinensis, I don't want to jinx anything  
smile_k_ani_32.gif
"good greif!" not again?

No, I meant the hurricane incident and besides doesn't matter if the rodent chewed or not, I don't have the nep anymore
smile_h_32.gif

Poor thing.
confused.gif
Pop in to the Trading Forum and see if you can get a N.gracilis for free. It is quite a easy grower so I am sure that other CPers would mind taking a cutting or two. I would love to give you one myself but I am not in USA.

Well, my father decided to give me 20 bucks.The N.gracilis wasn't in stock, but I'm getting a N.madgsarcensis(sp?) and another judith finn, I was going to get the highland form, but that's 20 bucks not including S&H and also getting live lfs. It was a red form gracilis. But on the plus side, unrelated to Nepenthes, my D. rotundifolia from new york finally sprouted
smile.gif

Is your backyard accessible to plant thieves? Meaning the two legged kind. I put a lot of plants out front and the only thievery has been by squirrels, who've been known to knock over the smaller pots and, at least once, carry a little Nep several feet. Far enough that I couldn't find it and only noticed it when I almost stepped on it after walking away. My two most impressive (relatively speaking) Neps were within reach of anyone walking on the sidewalk and someone could have made off with more than 3/4 of my CPs and orchids without straying more than 15 ft from the sidewalk. And, in a neighborhood of 50 x 100 ft lots, plenty of people go by. I wouldn't trust hanging jewelry or bottles of liquor out there, but I don't sense much a desire to steal plants. It's random destruction/vandalism I've worried about, but it hasn't happened either.

well for me i dont really have to worry about that but my daughter and my baby sister. my sister has uprooted my rafflesiana and some butterworts a couple of times. they also like to grab the pitchers, i guess because of the colors...

I have a dog in my backyard and my backyard is facing traffic, so it will be kind of hard to jump the fence without getting caught. The only people that can go there is usually landscapers or fema, but he has to open the door for them. Part of our side fence recently got torned apart and we had to put some sort of fence to temporarly hold it until we can repair the fence.

Lame
smile_h_32.gif

I think this is enough reason to create a monster CP to guard your collection.

20 foot tall, Nepenthes x Dionaea x Drosera hybrid anyone?
cool.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
blues.gif

confused.gif
I dont know about that one, what will happen when it turns on its master?!?!?!
smile_m_32.gif

I was thinking more of a monster nep x dionaea x utric. The utric will suck them in at speeds faster than lighting and DSl :p

Back