What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Addiction

Well,since we all grow neps and photo them,show and discuss them,we are all addicted to it.Some grow a few neps ( like me  
smile.gif
,some grow  many variety of species, some become pro in the field and made cross between nep,and some were so addicted  that they made a trip to nepenthes land ( Borneo,Sumatra,Philippines,etc). How do we categorise the level of addiction in group,example MILD, MEDIUM,HIGH and eEXTREME HIGH. For me i can fit into mild but i am more addicted to photography and search them in the wild hopfully found a new species,and name after me
smile_n_32.gif

smile.gif

...Robert

Well, when your wife leaves you, or they haul you off to jail, you know you have a problem. Other than that or losing a job, I wouldn't worry to much about it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]So are venus fly traps the "gateway" CP's?

Don't you dare underestimate those little buggers... The term gateway makes them sound harmless; I've lost some good friends to them... *sniffle*

..... even i know my own limits..... and i have this many
smile_l_32.gif
laugh.gif

Well I guess saving up for a tour in Nep land for the following year means there's no turning back for me now.
smile_n_32.gif

Cheers

Hahahaha, gateway CPs
smile_n_32.gif

My gateway CP was a sundew...To this day, I'm still addicted
cool.gif

Hmmm Amori,i read the place you're going to tour,be prepared for the culture shock and NEPS SHOCK
smile_k_ani_32.gif
biggrin.gif

..Robert

One harmless little ping and that was end of my life as I knew it.  I hated plants all of my life, then one day I bought a ping and all things changed.......

It was a sunny day on planet earth and an unsuspecting individual was intrigued by a seemingly harmless little plant known as a Pinguicula sethos.  After bringing this little treasure home, this plant hating individual started having dreams about venus fly traps, sundews, and many other plants that disturbingly ate living bugs.  Day after day the dreams got worse and worse.  Then one day this individual awoke only to find that there was 2 indoor greenhouses, 154 carnivorous plants, 2 terrariums and over $2000 in plant and gardening equipment in the house.

Aaaaaargh, I think I am an addict!!!!!!!!

he he he ! Sean,know what this is a legal addiction !
smile_h_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rbjong @ Nov. 25 2005,1:15)]Hmmm Amori,i read the place you're going to tour,be prepared for the culture shock and NEPS SHOCK
smile_k_ani_32.gif
biggrin.gif

..Robert
Culture shock you say? I've moved internationally all my life (France - Japan - England - Japan - Mexico - (biggest shock) USA - England), so I think I can cope... But as you say, the Neps shock may prove overwhelming!
smile_m_32.gif
Besides, anything for CP, right?

Cheers
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Well, let’s see:

If you only have a couple of neps, which you take care of from time to time and don’t care getting more (that’s mild). If you have at least a dozen of neps in your house and would like to get more (that’s medium). If you have at least 5-6 dozen plants in your house and spends time thinking about them at least two to three times a day, reading books, going into the net (that’s high). Now if you have converted your house into a mini jungle filled with Neps, have all types of nep paraphernalia, constantly thinks about them and how to fit in more neps into your “all of the sudden shrunk house” (that’s extremely high)

Just a personal point of view

Gus

lol, well said

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If you only have a couple of neps, which you take care of from time to time and don’t care getting more (that’s mild). If you have at least a dozen of neps in your house and would like to get more (that’s medium). If you have at least 5-6 dozen plants in your house and spends time thinking about them at least two to three times a day, reading books, going into the net (that’s high). Now if you have converted your house into a mini jungle filled with Neps, have all types of nep paraphernalia, constantly thinks about them and how to fit in more neps into your “all of the sudden shrunk house” (that’s extremely high)

I'd say I have a mild addiction.

Extreme addiction is having to buy a new house because the old house is so full of CPs that it's unliveable for humans. Fortunately, I'm not at that level . . . yet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shokuchuu @ Nov. 25 2005,11:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (rbjong @ Nov. 25 2005,1:15)]Hmmm Amori,i read the place you're going to tour,be prepared for the culture shock and NEPS SHOCK
smile_k_ani_32.gif
biggrin.gif

..Robert
Culture shock you say?  I've moved internationally all my life (France - Japan - England - Japan - Mexico - (biggest shock) USA - England), so I think I can cope...  But as you say, the Neps shock may prove overwhelming!  
smile_m_32.gif
Besides, anything for CP, right?

Cheers
smile_m_32.gif

smile_n_32.gif
OK waiting anxiously on your return trip for your write up on the travel and those magnificient neps, have a pleasant trip and good luck...Robert

[b said:
Quote[/b] (agustinfranco @ Nov. 25 2005,3:53)]Now if you have converted your house into a mini jungle filled with Neps, have all types of nep paraphernalia, constantly thinks about them and how to fit in more neps into your “all of the sudden shrunk house” (that’s extremely high)
That's me, senor, no two ways about it. I have built a 140 sqft shade/greenhouse on top of my garage, have three large tanks in my office, am already designing a second, much larger shade/greenhouse on the roof of my house proper, and, most important of all, have lost almost all my non-CP friends due to lack of non-CP conversation topics (okay, that's a bit over the top. I collect orchids too, and have many orchid-collecting friends! Come to think of it, who needs friends that are not into plants, anyway?)

All within 14 months, from scratch.

Thank Heavens I have such an understanding wife.....

Whoa ! incredible.Not just an understanding wife but one who knew what life forms is all about:)

..Robert

Well Ill stop getting more plants when I have to sleep in my nepenthes pitchers :p

Back