What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another flower spike!!

schloaty

Staff member
Hey all, I just noticed today that my campanulata is sending up a spike! SWEET! For those of you who remember, this is the same plant that flowered for me last year in Oct. It's a female, so hopefully I'll be able to find some good pollen.

Might even use some from my truncata x ventricosa if that turns out to me male!

That's awesome! I would love to see some pics!
smile.gif

Cool, most flower spikes are usually male. Nice to see a female once in a while
smile.gif

Dude no way! That's great timing schloaty! I was just gonna post that I have a female in bloom! Let me know if you can use some pollen, and I'll send it out?!  Oh and might as well let you know that I have some aristo pollen available soon too. aristo x campanulata???
let me know if your interested.
robin
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Dude no way! That's great timing schloaty! I was just gonna post that I have a female in bloom! Let me know if you can use some pollen, and I'll send it out?! Oh and might as well let you know that I have some aristo pollen available soon too. aristo x campanulata???
let me know if your interested.
robin

Robin, don't you mean you were just going to post that you had a MALE in bloom? As for pollen, I made an overture already to Jeremiah, but I don't know if he has any. If not, I'll surely take you up on the offer.

Don't know about the camp-aristo hybrid.....Not sure how well that would work out. Worth a shot, though, I guess....If for nothing else than the possible color patterns.

Oops. yep your right schloaty. man I must be tired...sorry bout that.:p  
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As for pollen, I made an overture already to Jeremiah, but I don't know if he has any.  If not, I'll surely take you up on the offer.
That's cool. Well, it's here if you need it.

robin
smile.gif

Hey I have a N. campanulata that just flowered. Its a male. PM me and I'll see if I can send some pollen, if its still available I'll have to check.

I didn't want to hybridize this as I think ones first priority should be breeding it with the same species to broaden the camp gene pool....

Let me know PM me your email address or something...

Hi David
Cool,i have a male Spathulata x Maxima which is in bloom at the moment so if you"or anyone else" wants some let me know as its ready now.Funny my plants seem to flower the same time each year,must be the reduction in light lengh i reckon.
Bye for now julian

Back