What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

male campanulata, and aristo flowering.

Hey nice plants! can you show us a pic of the whole aristolo flowerin now please?

Ok, here are some photos I posted previously of my camp:

100_1272.jpg

100_1271.jpg

100_1270.jpg

100_1269.jpg

100_1268.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Robin- I have a really nice female spectabilis getting ready to bloom if you want to cross it with your aristo.

N. spectabilis x aristo should be really nice. The striped peristome and pitcher color of spectabilis is usually preserved in the hybrids.

Brian

Wow neat Camps.

I would surely love schloaty´s form of Campanulata!
It looks superb. How do you grow it and under how much light?

i think the light is the key to the redness...
smile_l_32.gif

Rlhirst,
I use a super mix for nepenthes.
I love to use coco chips with perlite and torf.
Very usefull for Nepenthes!
I am confident that my 2 campanulata will grow nice and fast!
Mr_Aga
Milan

fc3srx713b its not a light question.
Its a different form. a ordanary Campanulata do not turn red.

really?! i thought it was because camps' are so "papery" people were afraid to use high light or something.  do the leaves or pitchers seam more waxyer, rubbery, leather like, or tougher on this "red" camp?  im not hate'n but just wanna know, looks very very nice btw

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Dec. 14 2005,6:27)]really?! i thought it was because camps' are so "papery" people were afraid to use high light or something.  do the leaves or pitchers seam more waxyer, rubbery, leather like, or tougher on this "red" camp?  im not hate'n but just wanna know, looks very very nice btw
As I have heard from other growers yes.
I do not grow this plant myself. So I cant tell you from personal experience

FC3, you may have a point - I had mentioned that mine had sturdier looking leaves than Robin's.....I wonder if that's a function of mine being the red-flush varient.

As for light levels, it's about 8" or 10" under 65 watt compact flourescents (you now, the $11 ones from Walmart). But Tyfone is right - some nep species (or varients withing a species) never redden up, even in full sun (assuming they could be adapted to such).

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As for light levels, it's about 8" or 10" under 65 watt compact flourescents (you now, the $11 ones from Walmart).  But Tyfone is right - some nep species (or varients withing a species) never redden up, even in full sun (assuming they could be adapted to such).

yeah, It's not the light. It's the clone. If mine was going to  get any red in it, it would have done so by now.
By the way Schloaty, where did you get that guy from?
robin
smile.gif

Robin,
I got my camp from Tony P.....Must have been close to three years ago.

Back