What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Build a nep

glider14

Always a newbie
Ok I made this Topic so people could tell others what their "dream nep" is. If you want to post say what it will look like, higland/lowland/intermedite, general facts and of course a name. Yes you get to name your own nepenthes, sort of. I'll start off with N. Flamenta. It will be a lowland species with the pitcher shape of an Alata with its color starting from the bottom with yellow then going up to orange the the rest black. The pitchers would be huge like a Raja's The persimtone does not curve inward, but as it loops over the rim it goes straight like a Hamata that has straightened "teeth". Its flowers are dark red.
Post your neps here!
Glider

Mine would just be an Ampullaria as big as Rajah or Villosa

Oh, this is fun!

Nep 1 - I think I'd like the shape of the reinwartiana pitcher (or alata bochiana mimic) - you know, bulbous bottom, cylidrical middle and slighly flaired mouth...And with that nice, red color it gets. Then add the size of a truncata, adaptablility of a x 'miranda' (which, in my opinnion is even more adaptable than a ventrata). Top it off with the fangs of a bical, nectar production of my campanulata, and growth speed of a gracilis.

Nep 2 - Since I'm a sucker for large pitchers, I would also have to be sized like a truncata, but more rounded...I guess like a merrilliana. Then, a wide peristome - not quite like a vetichii, but almost. Add the ridges of a macrophylla and the color scheme of an aristolochioides.

Those are pretty neat ideas.
smile.gif

Pitcher shape and structure of N. jaq but with hamata's teeth and with truncata's size. Pitcher colour would be red with a purple peristome. Intermediate.

My nep species is so awesome that if I were to describe, the universe will implode from how awesome it is. The only thing I can tell you is that it has teeth and eye spots. This is an artist's drawing of said nep, don't say I didn't warn you

topp71.jpg

haha PiranhaPlant
smile_n_32.gif

i think saw-shaped "leaves", like dandilions would be awesome.

no tendrils that come directly out of the ground and no "leaves"

Hey, since Victreebell is a Nepenthes, what're Bellsprout and Weepinbell supposed to be?

I think bellsprout is supposed to be a vft and weepingbell looks like a upside nep crossbred with a fish, it looks like a fishing hook or bait to me.

Yea, I was thinking Bellsprout might be a Venus Flytrap, but Weepinbell doesn't look like anything I've seen before. Imagine...a VFT to a Nepenthes fish to a Nepenthes. How crazy...

Back