What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ampullaria

Hi everyone,it is a common sight to see ampullaria growing in clump on the stem above the ground but this one is bigger than the usual i came across. In captivity when/at what stage will such behaviour appears.

amp16.jpg

Environment-under shades of big trees,only receives sunlight from 11.30 to 1.00pm, more or less. mossy,sandy substrate, dead leaves,brackish water,hill slope.

Robert

I can't wait till mine makes something like that! LOL! That's a great pic, Robert!

Capslock

Man.  Just so beautiful...
smile_n_32.gif

I observed as it started to form vine and new basals formed Clump such as this will form on the main stem and on the new basals.Therefore there shouldn't be any cutting inorder to enjoy seeing such behaviour...Robert

How long is the main vine on which these pitchers are formed?

someone should water their ampullaria with brackish water and compare it to a plant watered with pure water.

hehe my ampullaria is just 5 cm high..in 2 months Ill have a pot full of ampullarias like that
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Dec. 11 2005,11:39)]How long is the main vine on which these pitchers are formed?
well, i has done the measurement, the stem is 1/2" to 1" in diameter. Besides have basals bearing lower pitchers.

Robert

Back