What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

testing limits of ventrata

i got about 5 ventratas in the mail about 1-2 weeks ago. i opend the box and the shipment of ventratas and a fusca x veitchii was there. i noticed that someone opend the box but small damage to the ventratas such as pitchers being squished and parts of the leaves beinf folded. also the only plants that looked sorta dehydrated were the ventratas. i gave them a good drenching in water and seem to help much, thirsty they were. i potted them up that night and i soon as i did i placed them outside in the 45-50f cold outside. they stayed there all day in full sun till i got from work that day in the night. i took them back inside to take a look at them and they were fine. anyone else push ventratas to the limits?
BTW: good gateway begginer plants for starter

My ventrata took for a couple of days about 5 celcius.
Anyways ventrata is a really easy ibrid and does not stop easily for wrong weather conditions.
Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

I think N.'Rebecka Soper' (ramispina x ventricosa) is by far easier then ventrata.
I bought a ventrata and took it home. 2 days after all the pitchers started to die.
I took home Rebecka and 2 weeks has gone and the pitchers is still healthy.

I keep my ventrata indoors on a south windowsill. It seems to be doing fine. The temperature drops from 70 degrees during the day to about 60 degrees at night. I didn't want to place them outside because this is my first year growing nepenthes, and I don't want to kill it! It gets to be as low as 38 outside during the night!

My N. ventratas are probably my fastest growing Nepenthes. They don't slow down for ANYTHING.

I'd do anything to get a hold of that N.'Rebecka Soper' (ramispina x ventricosa) . Is it availible in the U.S. yet? I do hear that it's like ventrata, exept for the fact that it's actualy beautiful
smile.gif

never pushed the temps on mine but found out last winter it will pitcher in 20% humidity just fine

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]never pushed the temps on mine but found out last winter it will pitcher in 20% humidity just fine

I've found this to be true as well. My two ventratas are pitchering like mad right now and my humidity rarely exceeds 20%.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gemini528 @ Dec. 13 2005,9:52)]I didn't want to place them outside because this is my first year growing nepenthes, and I don't want to kill it! It gets to be as low as 38 outside during the night!
well im not even a year yet. ill be a year in march. we get low 40's here. and its put there doing fine in low 20's rh outhere with the rest...
smile_l_32.gif

Back