What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MY one nep is wilting??

My nepenthes spatulata x spectibilis is wilting especially on its upper growth. It seems to be wrinkeled at the stem and the leaves look like they need water but it definately doesnt. It has a stong root system and theres no sign of rotting. whats wrong with it. IT seems to get worse as time goes. nep spat x spec wilting

What light conditions is it getting?

a couple of mine look wrinkly @ the stem too but they are fine

It at first wasnt getting to much light but after it started to wilt i moved it directly under a flourescence bulb. Just a typical plant and aquarium bulb. It is sitting 6 inches from it now and has plently of light but i dont think that is the case. this wilting though is really bad the plant leaves folded up and look wierd looking i will post a picture. I think it is SDNS. Sudden death Nepenthes syndrome actually i made that up.

From looking at the pic, are you using the water tray method?

Could be an infection of some kind.....I had scale do that to one of my neps - a quick zap with bug spray fixed it. Have you checked it for pests?

I did check and it kinda looks like some mite. i will spray it and see from there.

Ahhhhhhhh! I hope it isn't spider mite. Do you see any webs?

What looks to me is a whiteish residue on the leafs did you fertalize it with anything or are you using hard water to mist it? Also what types plants has it been near, spider mites love ivys and also shiffarelas-SP? unbrella plant and they have a tendancy to leave a whiteish residue on the leafs, anyways spider mite can do that to a plant pretty quickly. I hope someone here can help yaz as it looks to be going down hill pretty quickly..
smile_h_32.gif

I think its possibly the hard water water from the filterthat i used to spray it. i will have to go collect some snow to water it from now on.

Back