What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Time for Everybody's Favorite Game:

Hi Folks,

Finally after four months of light adding, humidity tweaking, "soil" mixing and prayer, my "highland hybrid" has produced a pitcher that hasn't shriveled up!  Whoopie!  Now comes the fun part: finding out what ingredients went in to creating this plant.

Any takers?

Happy holidays,

-N

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nanook @ Dec. 13 2005,9:14)]tweaking
ha!

well im in the same situation too.  wow looks like you got uppers on this one.  urs seems to be likw mine.
if it is i hope the uppers look like that!

BTW i grow this one outside with low humidity of 20% at times in full sun!

849N_x_10_1_.jpg

849N_x_8_1_.jpg

849N_x_9_1_.jpg

Nanook,

I am half inclined to ID it as a 'Miranda' but the pitcher shape is a bit funky for that.

Fc, I don't think your's is the same as Nanooks

FC, I don't think you have the same thing, either. Though yours looks very Miranda-ish...The only difference being that my Miranda has a "pointier" peristome, while yours has completely rounded edges.

Nanook, yours looks suspiciously like my ventricosa x spectablis.....But I only have one pitcher right now, and it's not even open yet....So I'm not the best judge.

u sure because mine is still in lowers. his are uppers and i stongly dissagree that there is ventricosa...

I agree that there might be some ventricosa in that. But I dont think its with spectabilis. maybe something else..

Nanook, yours does look 'Miranda'-ish but i dont think it is. the uppers off mine werent as long and skinny they were more compact. but i didnt get to see to many uppers off of mine so i could be wrong. maybe its some other hybrid with 'Mixta' as a parent?

Back