What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surgery

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
It was that time to do some surgery on my N. ventrata.

Before the cutting:
cutting_before.jpg

Helper:
cutting_helper.jpg

It does not really look like I did much to the N. ventrata. It will not be long before I have to cut the other vine, 6" from the ceiling.
After the cutting:
cutting_after.jpg

Well done!
smile.gif

How old is that plant gecko?

i see the cheap cups! they come in handy!!!
cool.gif

I need to do that too. I wish I had a good use for a 4' ventrata vine. I don't feel like boxing up 20 seperate cuttings, so I usually just find someone with a greenhouse who'd take the whole bunch to root them, forget about them, and sell them as full plants a year later.

glider14,
I bought the plant late in 2003. It had 2 growing points and was in a 6" hanging pot. I repotted the plant shortly after I got it to a 14" hanging basket.
It has been cut before.

And how did your assistant help?
smile_m_32.gif

duuuh dont u know that cats have razor sharp claws. It helped cutting the vine off. Elgecko just sprayed the cat with water then throwed it at the nep and the cat went berserk
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TyFone @ Dec. 19 2005,5:09)]duuuh dont u know that cats have razor sharp claws. It helped cutting the vine off. Elgecko just sprayed the cat with water then throwed it at the nep and the cat went berserk  
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
Funny.

By the looks of that puss, I doubt it would budge even for a downpour...

lol Love the helper. Looks like he/she is really putting a lot of effort into the project.
biggrin.gif

Nice plant Steve! Beautiful healthy pitchers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TyFone @ Dec. 19 2005,5:09)]duuuh dont u know that cats have razor sharp claws. It helped cutting the vine off. Elgecko just sprayed the cat with water then throwed it at the nep and the cat went berserk
smile_n_32.gif
How else are you supposed to cut the leaves in half?
smile_n_32.gif

All cat owners know, cats think that they are helping, but 99.9% of the time they are a hindrance.

You got that right, whenever I'm out working on the car my two cats just love to hang out right next to me under the car. To make matters worse when I move them out of the way all they do is purr and get right back in the way again.
smile_h_32.gif

-Rail

Awsome elgecko, it dont even look like you took a cutting from the plant. Beautiful pitchers..
smile_m_32.gif
You think that cats a helper try having a African Jungle cat hybrid to help ya out around the house. They dont mind trashing the place so that they can lay back and watch you clean it up just so they can trash it all over again.
smile_n_32.gif

Wow, cats are really that much trouble, huh? And we had wanted to get a cat a few years ago!

Back