What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

spotted amp and frog

well, it was a pleasant surprise when i was doing the morning round checking the neps.in the garden. Saw this red colored frog ( very toxic i suppose?) resting on the amp.Imagine the small size of 1.5" can fit into the amp chamber comfortably. I suspect she must have laid some eggs on one of the amps.
smile_m_32.gif

froggie.jpg

Robert

Great image, Robert!  The frog almost appears threatening.

The frog almost appears threatening.[/quote]

yeah ! think so,with the camera lens round and long pointing at her, wondering what she was thinking right that moment.

It was fun and challenging taking photo of small animal.The frog slide into the chamber ,then jump up,slide back, jump again until finally into the comfort of thick bushes.
smile.gif

Robert

Hi Robert:

Could you please excuse my ignorance, but are most bright-coloured frogs supposed to be poisonous?

Gus

Gus,that was what i was told. I'm not so sure either. Someone here maybe able to explain???

Robert

Most brightly colored animals use the colors as a warning sign to predators that they are toxic and should be left alone - it is called aposematic coloration.

Hi Stan, thanks for the info.

..Robert

And many animals mimic this skill by also using strong colors. But they are not poisonous at all..

true tyfone but with amphibs they are usually telling the truth. cute lil guy never seen that one before.

That's an awsome pic...and really beautiful frog. That would be most interesting to find in a garden.
smile.gif

Back