What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lol

BANNED
Here you see my N. rafflesiana Sarawak giant.  The newest leaf is over 4" larger than the last.  If you want growth like this, then feed your plants vegies and grapes  
smile_n_32.gif

IMAGE_202.jpg

Here you see some poor pics of the latest N. stenophylla x truncata pitchers.  It's a really nice hybrid, being suffused with purple (my phone cam can't pick that up).

IMAGE_208.jpg

IMAGE_226.jpg

And the best hybrid of all time, N. lowii x truncata!  This is the most beautiful Nepenthes I've ever seen.  The pitchers open as a solid deep maroon with yellow and red striped peristome, all turning darker with age.  This latest pitcher should be over 7" after it's fully developed.  In just a few months, this thing has gone from 8" to 15".  

IMAGE_216.jpg

IMAGE_220.jpg

IMAGE_218.jpg

IMAGE_219.jpg

IMAGE_217.jpg

IMAGE_221.jpg

And N. mirabilis
smile.gif

IMAGE_203.jpg

Pretty plants lol.
smile.gif

I have the lowii x truncata too, quite a nice hybrid. I grow mine in full sun, so whilst the pitchers are bigger than yours, the leaves are quite small, so the plant itself isn't that wide.

The pitcher to leaf ratio on mine is pretty good, nearly 1:1.  I'll post more pics of that pitcher in a week or two when it's fully developed.  I like how the pitchers change rather dramaticly as they age.  They start out dark maroon with red and yellow striped peristomes, then move to deeper maroon and purple pitchers with a widened purple striped peristome, much like lowii.  I also love it because it's friggin easy
biggrin.gif
!  Sydneyneps, does yours ever get red leaves in full sun?

I also pay a lot of attention to growth patterns. Mine has been having very steady increases in leaf size, with the largest increases occuring every other leaf. While the next leaf would be one of those larger increases, I get the feeling that the leaves are starting to reach towards their upper limit in size, so while the leaves wont be gaining as much, the pitchers will still be getting larger and larger. We'll see. Perhaps I'm just thinking too much
smile_n_32.gif
!

LOL, Great plants!  Love the lowii x truncata.  What a beauty.

NOW you just have to get a good camera!  
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

So...you said grapes and veggies. How much?

Great plants, lol!

I share your enthusiasm for N. lowii x truncata:
bbfc5fc3.jpg

KPG

Niiice clone
smile.gif

I just cut the grape in half and put both halves in the pitcher. However much vegetable matter can comfortably fit in the pitcher fluid. I think it was the grape that had the greatest affect (because of glucose).

No LOL, mine has dark green leaves, even in the intense summer sun in Sydney. No sign of red at all. Then again, none of my lowii or lowland truncata have any red tinge to the leaves either in the same conditions.

Does anyone have uppers on theirs yet? Do they retain their red color?

Lol,

Nice plants.  Your lowii x truncata is great.  The plant I received in October has finally settled in and is making a new pitcher.  

Have you seen the updated photo at Exotica plants?  It appears to be either an intermediate pitcher, or an upper:  exotica plants

Almost fully developed. However, this is my favorite stage
smile.gif

IMAGE_228.jpg

IMAGE_229.jpg

IMAGE_230.jpg

Back