What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. bicalcarata

It won't work, Dave. I know where you live!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Dec. 31 2005,2:04)]

By the way, I think you meant "its" not "its"......[/QUOTE]
Actually Schloaty I think you're missing an apostrophy somewhere. Did you perhaps mean..."it's" ?

Now let's all be friends here.

LOL!!!!!! Phil, I stole his apostrophe!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Dec. 31 2005,3:25)]LOL!!!!!! Phil, I stole his apostrophe!
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

confused.gif

umm......
biggrin.gif

Getting back on topic. I have a 3 or 4 ft bical. I always grow it outside in summer. Even when I lived in Ohio. Now that I'm in NC it stays outside from about April to Oct. The only problem is that it does not like coming in for the winter.

Ozzy, where do you bring it in for the winter; a house or a greenhous, etc.? And what do you mean it doesn't like it? How does it respond?

Chris

When I was in Ohio I would put it in a closet that I lined with plastic and aluminum. The closet was completely enclosed, with a ventilation system and a humidifier. It did fairly well. Growth would slow down and pitchering would stop.

This is my first winter in NC. I let the plants harden up a little with letting it get colder temps outside naturally. I then brought them in and put them in a storage container, under a window.

I have a table that I I keep some of my reptiles on. I sent up lights under the table. I put the plants under it, but I wasn't getting the necessary heat or humidity. So I almost enclosed it with plastic. I left small openings for ventilation.

All my neps are in it and they all look pretty miserable. I put them under the table two weeks ago. I enclosed it with plastic Sunday. So I'm still experimenting.

Back