What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.ramispina

I have a couple of Neps doing quite well now, and I'd like for N. ramispina to be my next plant. I just can't believe the color of those pitchers! Does anyone know where I can get one? I haven't found any on the internet for sale as of now.

Thanks,
Jason

Thanks, Chris. Don't guess I looked hard enough, huh?

Not only are they great looking, Their tanks. Mine is thriving as a windowsil plant, no added light. 25% humidity and still pitchering. No change in night to day temps... Doing everything wrong, but it doesn't care.

Gawd_oOo, where did you get yours from?

Chris

I am planning to try mine as a windowsil plant, too. From what I've read they're usually pretty hardy plants. I'm kinda trying to stick to the easier stuff right now.

cstriker, I'd tell you, but they screwed me over on my latest purchase. Paid for a Nepenthes ephippiata and a Nepenthes fusca plus some potting mix. And didn't get squat...

I really wanted that Nepenthes ephippiata...

Gawd_oOo I'm just wondering if they make good windowsill plants in general or if yours came from a source that grew hardy plants. Do they make good windowsill plants? What are your conditions? Light, humidity, the usual?

Chris

Perfect! Just what I was looking for. Thanks!

Chris

Interesting side note on this one (since I'm in that linked thread). My rampispina bit the dust this year because I had it outside....and we had a REALLY hot summer. They don't like that.

I'll have to remember that when I get one. I'm down here in hot and humid middle Georgia. How hot is HOT in North Salem, NY? How was the plant shaded? Did it get any full sun?

Jason

Hey Jaxon,
Well, we had 90's in the day, which I don't think was the problem. I think it was the fact that the nights never went below the low 70's for six weeks at least.

It did get some full sun, but I also don't think that was it...I've seen pics of it growing in realatively sunny locations....I think the hot nights were the killer. Could be wrong, but that's my assumption.

Sounds like if I decide to put one outside this summer, I need to bring it into the air conditioning at night. Oh, how we pamper our plants! I can't wait to get one, though. There's just something about that pitcher color...

Jason

Back