What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

neps

• Thread starter rbjong
  • Start date
i saw this plant without pitchers,any experience growers can help
smile.gif

Robert

DSC_8846alt.jpg

Looks very gracilis-like to me. Robt., I never had the chance to tell you how much I enjoyed the photos of the rafflesiana plants in the brackish water/sandy environment. That last pic looks like the pitcher was spray painted red-brown!

Thanks Trent for the kind words. It was a joy to see in person as well as photographing the details.It was a huge area that i still keep going back to look for more interesting finds.:)

Robert

nice photo

I'll agree with Trent, it looks gracilis-like to me also. A very nice N. gracilis at that!

Hi Robert,

I think the leaf attachement to the stem is not right for N. gracilis. From the picture I would also suspect this plant being a Nepenthes at all - it looks more like a Flagellaria.

Joachim

Joachim is absolutely right, it's not a Nepenthes  
smile_k_ani_32.gif
And I'd put money on his view that it's Flagellaria.

It looks like some of the plants that grow in swamps in Mississippi that use their little tendrils to climb. I saw one this fall and thought, "Hey, those look like Nep tendrils!"

-D. Lybrand

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joachim Danz @ Jan. 05 2006,5:03)]Hi Robert,

I think the leaf attachement to the stem is not right for N. gracilis. From the picture I would also suspect this plant being a Nepenthes at all - it looks more like a Flagellaria.

Joachim
Hi,
I was trickd by this plant too last time!  
smile_n_32.gif

but 1 easy way to tell is from the leaf placement on the stem, it makes two neat rows on opposite sides of the stem on this plant, but in nep vine it would distribute more evenly around the stem.
And the stem is much softer than nep vines too
thanks for the ID anyway!

You're right, Joachim, never even thought of that. The leaf attachment to the stem is not really as decurrent as a gracilis, but who knowswhats out there. You're right, it's not even a Nepenthes.

Thanks for the confirmation as flagellaria.I never thought of
smile_h_32.gif

As soon as I looked at it I thought it was some sorta grass because of the leaf attachments
cool.gif

Back