What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes mira

I've been growing N. mira for less than a year, so I know there are a lot of you out there who have had more experience with this plant.  

The plant in question is flowering, even though it is in the rosette stage and no more than a foot across.  Is this unusual?  I cannot find any reference material on the natural history of N. mira, so I am assuming that it should enter a "vining" stage when it is more mature.  

Thanks,
KPG

if its a cutting it might already be old enough...

Not unusual at all! I have an N. mira and the first few months I had it, it flowered being about 6 inches across. It now flowers regularly every season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It now flowers regularly every season.

Another satisfied Metamucil customer.
laugh.gif
Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Thank you, Dustin.  I appreciate the info.  I thought it might possibly be some sort of stress reaction.  Now I know it will be safe to pollinate some flowers and hope for seed.
smile.gif

Thanks again,
KPG

(Wish there was a readily available reference work covering the Nepenthes of the Philippines.)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ Jan. 10 2006,9:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It now flowers regularly every season.

Another satisfied Metamucil customer.  
laugh.gif
Sorry, couldn't help myself.
You can stop drinking the nep juice now Est!
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
You can stop drinking the nep juice now Est!
smile_n_32.gif

HECK no! I've been concentrating the stuff, getting it in powder form and selling it on the street as "Buzz." Want a try? C'mon, the first taste is free. *nudge nudge*
smile_n_32.gif
(This's been an ongoing joke between my brothers and myself.)

Listen, Mr. Salad fingers...There will be no pushing of nep-juice (or rusty spoons) on this forum! Is that quite understood?
mad.gif
smile_m_32.gif

biggrin.gif
i made a thread about some nep juice once, very funny coments too if you wanna see....
i want a mira but.... i rather wait...
cool.gif

EDIT: here it goes - nep juice

Yes mine flowered when very young. Just sending up another flower spike now
smile.gif

One of the most vigorous I have been finding
smile_m_32.gif

cheers

bill

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Listen, Mr. Salad fingers...There will be no pushing of nep-juice (or rusty spoons) on this forum! Is that quite understood?
mad.gif
smile_m_32.gif

I'm seeing words, but all I'm hearing is "gimme a discount, or else." You want my spoons, but you can't handle them. Don't worry folks, buzz will be available in a black market near you soon!
smile_n_32.gif
Sorry for bumping this for something OT, but I've been gone. heh

Back