What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repotting

I have a Nep that I rescued from Home Depot about 6 months ago and it's starting to outgrow its pot. There's actually about 3 plants growing in the 3 inch pot, and I'm wondering if I should just repot them all into one of the new 5 inch plastic pots I just bought. I sure did say the word 'pot' a lot in the past few sentences. Dang.

I'm not really sure if this little guy needs to be moved out of his current home. I'm wondering if there's a general rule as far as Nep repotting goes. When is it a good time to repot?

P.S. If I talk anymore about repotting, everyone on this forum has permission to ban me forever. And ever.

well once your neps have acclimated to its surroundings (which it already has apperently) you can repot it

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]well once your neps have acclimated to its surroundings (which it already has apperently) you can repot it

Agreed.

I guess I should rephrase the question: How big does a Nep have to get before it's smart to repot?

That really depends on the species and the potting medium. Some species like lowland truncata can grow into large plants happily in small plants as they have a relatively small root system. Same goes for ramispina. Others like maxima for example have roots that will quickly fill its pot.

Back