What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few new Neps on the way

Does anyone have any experience growing these plants? I'm sure a bunch of you do, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I grow N. ramispina with my other highlanders and it seems to be one of the faster-growing and happier of my plants. I think you'll have no problem with it whatsoever.

Capslock

Ditto for N. copelandii. It grows very quickly under intermediate/highland coditions.
KPG

Thanks guys. Both plants I'm getting from Cook's Carnivorous Plants and supposedly they have a 4 inch leaf span. I'll have to post pictures once I get them potted up next week.

Any specific soil mixes you guys would recommend?

LLeopardGGecko, funny thing I just got a N. coplandii from cooks as well; should be here tomorrow.
Ludwig

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ludwig777 @ Jan. 18 2006,6:43)]LLeopardGGecko, funny thing I just got a N. coplandii from cooks as well; should be here tomorrow.
Ludwig
Hahaha, what a coincidence! You'll have to post a picture of yours once you get it.

Yes I was thinking the same thing and how unusual we both ordered the same plants from the same grower, at the same time! Very strange!

I use my normal nep mix. Half LFS and half chunky bits like orchid bark, pumice, charcoal, coco chips...

Capslock

N. copelandii is a weed. I bought a large plant (8" diameter, 5" tall) from Simon Lumb late last year and I'm seeing basal shoots everywhere. I'm looking forward to seeing how it does outdoors in the summer.

Cheers
Amori

Watch out form warm spells in the summer with these two. A 6 week heatwave baked several of my highlanders, and these were two of them.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm looking forward to getting these plants!

man i luv copelandii. i think i got intermediates on mine and may be going into uppers soon

check these out , pics and everything. oh and just to let you know there are two forms of copelandii and i think i got both, mt apo and mt pasian. they look diffenrent in shape of the pitcher:

copelandii

2nd form mt pasian?

oh btw
i grow this outside! very hardy plant!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Jan. 19 2006,12:37)]man i luv copelandii. i think i got intermediates on mine and may be going into uppers soon

check these out , pics and everything. oh and just to let you know there are two forms of copelandii and i think i got both, mt apo and mt pasian. they look diffenrent in shape of the pitcher:

copelandii

2nd form mt pasian?

oh btw
i grow this outside! very hardy plant!
That's good to know that it's hardy. Now I know I don't have a good chance of killing it
smile_n_32.gif

yeah its really great.did you see the pics

Wow, excellent looking plant! Nice job!

How old would you say it is?

the last picture, well i had just gotten it about a week if you notice the wrapping... i really dont know how old the plant is as they were seed grown. the copelandii i had for about a year now. the other a little over half...
the copelandii is starting to get sideshoots already since its starting to vine. i think the last pictured plant is already in uppers....

Back