What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your Neps in spike!

i want to know why anyone hasnt made a thread exclusively for terraforums users?

But yeah, anyone has any neps in spike? and if so then please name the nep and the sex...

N. x pistachio
male

Usually people post Nepenthes in spike in the trading area. If seeds are produced, then they are 50/50 split between the two donators.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Jan. 25 2006,5:01)]Usually people post Nepenthes in spike in the trading area. If seeds are produced, then they are 50/50 split between the two donators.
oh...
it would be nice to post what people have for males and females in their collection without going to the trading forums... posting the leftover seeds is understandable in the trading forums...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]N. x pistachio
male

is this in spike right now? and how far up the spike is it?

You misunderstood me. Usually people post what Nepenthes they have in bloom in the trading forum for the possibility of attracting another collector with the opposite sex of a Nepenthes in bloom. The resulting seeds are then split 50/50 between each collector.

http://pollen.carnivoren.org/

man today i saw the ventricosa sorta unroll the leaf half way and i wanted to see what was in there and i notice 2 spikes!  right now i think it might be male...

heres the pic

nventricosared128bn.jpg

cool the smaller one may not fully develop though. its like a runt

Hey! I just noticed it now!
How it is going now your 2 spikes? Have you an updated photo please? Must be interesting! How many times can a Nepenthes develope flowers in a couple of months?
Bye!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Hey fc3srx713b!
Sometold me that your Nepenthes is a Bisex Clone.
Is it true?  
laugh.gif

smile_m_32.gif

Anyway...Man...super foto...I mean...it really doesn't happen many times!
Great Job! Now it is your time to collect pollen! You don't know actually the sex,right?
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

most likely male because of the roundness in the flower bud

Back