What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pitcher growth

glider14

Always a newbie
AHHHH im sooo mad. my ventrata has put out another leaf and the tendril has only grown a fourth of an inch. the proto pitcher has gotten no bigger. the only noticeable thing it has done is that the start of the pp is curving from the main tendril. i want to know if this is normal growth rate? If it is then it must be slower than truncata...i saw the time lapse thing and it grew five-fold in just 4-5 days!!! can i make it go faster?!?! ill get pics when i get to my house
Glider

bump
smile_h_32.gif

What are the growing conditions?

-Ben

Sometimes pitchers just abandon and don't inflate at all. That used to happen with my judith finn and sometimes with my N.tobaica.

well the conditions are about 70-75* and humidity is always above 80% i dont know what it could be.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Sometimes pitchers just abandon and don't inflate at all. That used to happen with my judith finn and sometimes with my N.tobaica.
if so piranhaplant then its does this all the time its happented to(very sad) my last 4!!! pitchers

How long have you had this plant? You should give it time - it can take several months for Nepenthes to become acclimated and begin growing at full strength. Neps are strong plants; they just take time. My alata x ventrata didn't really begin pitchering well until three to four months after I recieved it. The only thing you can do in the mean time is give it good, stable conditions and proper care.
~Joe

well ive had it since november...

Back