What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thorelii x Aristolochioides

hi glider14:

This plant can take up to 100 F without problems.

Gus

WOAH!!! its like the opposite of khasiana(spelling)
smile_n_32.gif

Hi Glider14:

One must take into consideration that dry heat is not the same thing as muggy heat. In other words, 100 F with 10% humidity may as well be 10 times more detrimental than the same 100 F with 30% humidity.

Gus

Gus: i know that. 100* is still super high for anything
smile.gif

It keeps growing even with night time temps into the low 40s and day time into the low 70s, Brrr. We also have humidity into the teens and it does OK as long as you keep it well watered and out of the wind. Usually, when the humidity drops that low, we get temps into the 80s. Still cold and much more humid at night.

Great looking plant. I really wish it were more available. the upper pitchers are awesome.

Brian

Hi Brian_W:

All i can say is that if anyone in the U.S is growing these plant for a year or so, by late spring he/she should have a lot of cuttings to offer

Gus

heres that one pitcher that i had when i first got it! man it looks tubby and *cough* - cuite! mine is pinkish. will it darken up with age?

73261529O959771784.jpg

Yes, but it may never be as dark as others.

Hi fc3srx713b:

I have never seen a thorelli X aristo light coloured. It may darken with age or as you get new pitchers. Once it gets established, watch out!
smile_m_32.gif

Gus

well i hope so agustinfranco, but if not then im still happy with the color since i will have something diff. from everyone else. ill keep you posted!

Speaking of this hybrid, I just noticed that my plant is getting ready to flower! Woohoo! Don't know if it's male or female. My understanding is that these plants are from seed so it could go either way. The way this plant grows and looks, it will make for a good complex hybrid parent.

Capslock

Hey Capslock:

don't be surprised if by the end of April your plant has produced at least 3 flower stalks.
This plant is on steroids or something like that

I would like to know whether someone has X ventrata growing side by side with thorelli X aristo, since i had to toss out my ventrata. It was taking too much space about a year ago.

Gus

Well, mine are not side by side, but they are only about 12' apart. the thorelii x aristo grows better outdoors in the winter.

Don't judge it by what you see now. It is the first pitcher from a basal rosette and was half formed when it went through shipping etc.

man, i cant wait till it get another then...

<span style='color:teal'>Hello!  
smile.gif

Here i have the newest pitcher that my plant produced.

NTHORELIIXARISTOLOCHIOIDES.jpg

I am getting convinced that my hybrid has more thorelii than aristolochioides  
confused.gif

Anyways, i love it  
smile_m_32.gif

Cheers,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden</span>

Back